Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new owner of a 2013 black JK Sport here! Many months of searching (and budgeting) finally paid off this past weekend as I decided to pull the trigger on a pretty basic JK. Found one on the lot that had just about what I wanted. Specs & options:

Manual transmission: 1st ride with a stick for me. I've read the million debates on auto v. stick, and it is personal preference, which is why I wanted my Jeep to be a manual. The learning process can be frustrating at times, considering I live in the city of PGH and in a very hilly area, but it sure is a blast to drive!

23S package
Power Convenience Group
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Lock

Can't thank this forum enough on making it easy to pick out what I would want in my 1st Jeep. Great tool we have here.:thumb:

I noticed I bought my Jeep just in time for "Santa" to possibly bring me some smaller mods :) (grill inserts, decals, stubby antenna, new shifter knob, etc.). I also like the look of the RC Hybrid Stubby Bumper (once the wallet rebounds).

Few pictures below...hopefully they work. Thanks again!

·
Registered
208 Posts
:wavey: welcome John, and congrats!!
+1!!! Congratz. I'm in finalizing my decision at the moment. I do understand what you've been throught. :punk:

I can't wait to also post that I pulled the trigger.

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!

Congrats! Any mods planned? They're addictive!
I do like the look of Stubby Bumpers so that is something on the list. As of now, it's my DD, so I'm not looking at bigger tires at the moment, but a leveling kit is another addition I've been eyeing up.

I have noticed the mod list quietly, and quickly, grows.

·
Registered
937 Posts
JohnnyD. said:
Thanks all!

I do like the look of Stubby Bumpers so that is something on the list. As of now, it's my DD, so I'm not looking at bigger tires at the moment, but a leveling kit is another addition I've been eyeing up.

I have noticed the mod list quietly, and quickly, grows.
1 point of advice: If you level or lift, get bigger tires...or it'll just look goofy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yay! Another Pittsburgh Jeeper! Good choice going with the manual, that's what I did. Most importantly, enjoy it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Maybe I'll see you around! Love my new manual JKUR. Got the stubby antenna & door sill guards so far and have a good long list of other things I want. You will get addicted. My list that stared out with small things now suddenly has bumpers and wheels on it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the addiction now kiss your wallet goodbye
Quickly finding that out just by searching the web.

Congrats on the new ride. Maybe I'll see you around! Love my new manual JKUR. Got the stubby antenna & door sill guards so far and have a good long list of other things I want. You will get addicted. My list that stared out with small things now suddenly has bumpers and wheels on it!
zolynski, any reception issues with the stubby antenna? Heard some do, some don't.

·
Registered
937 Posts
JohnnyD. said:
Quickly finding that out just by searching the web.

zolynski, any reception issues with the stubby antenna? Heard some do, some don't.
Just a slight loss for me, but I'm all satellite at this point...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts