Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the jeep world but very excited about my new 2013 Sport Unlimited S package. I placed my order on Saturday with the following specs: black, supplemental air bags, connectivity, premium sunrider soft top, 6 speed manual, with 3.73 rear axle ratio. I orginally put down 3.21 but after much research here I called this morning and had him change it to 3.73. I was in full panic mode last night over this. He said its still OK to make changes. My plan is to do 90% road driving with a 50-50 highway to city travel ratio. No immediate plans for bigger tires, lifts or towing but I wanted to keep my options open. Dealer sold me on better MPG with the 3.21 but I think I would rather have some more power with the 3.73 just in case. Or for resale. From the research I did on this board it doesnt seem to be much difference between 3.21 and 3.73 in regards to MPG. Now I get to sit here and wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. Also, planning on ordering some running boards since I didn't want the stock ones. Having fun with my new hobby. Thanks to all the posters here who really help out the rookies.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Congrats! I'm running the same setup on my 2012. Gas mileage isn't bad... 19 or 20 city if I recall (i've put on mods that have since dropped my mpg). That gearing is much better suited for towing. Make sure they give you the full max tow package. Comes with those gears with heavier springs, hitch and wiring.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Good call on the 3.73's. I think the gearing of the 6 speed is perfect for 3.73's....especially 6th gear.

For running boards, I would probably go with Ace Rock Rails. But that also depends on where you live (shipping costs).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts