Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first thread on the forum. I was lurking a while, then bought a new 2013 dune jeep wrangler 4dr back in May.

I LOVE IT!

One gripe I did have when buying it was the software for the EVIC didnt have the digital readout for the speedo, or oil, temp, etc.

Now I find out that the 2014 EVIC software will have all of those features built in. go figure.....:facepalm:

Do any of you know will it be possible to get the newer software in the 2013 jeeps??? I do have the Connectivity Package. Or is it a whole computer upgrade that won't be possible? I assume that it is only software and not a different chip or computer inside. seems like a programming thing. Is this something a dealer can do??

the connectivity package and EVIC was a mandatory option when I was buying it. My mini cooper that i traded in had a similar setup, and after having a car with something like that, I cannot let that go. without it, was a deal breaker. I just wish it was up to snuff to the mini cooper one.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Welcome to WF :wavey:

Sorry, it isn't availble for the pre 2014's (except the 10A's),

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hopefully one of the tuner companies can come out with a way to enable this on the 2013's :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to WF :wavey:

Sorry, it isn't availble for the pre 2014's (except the 10A's),
I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with all the lingo n jargon yet. What is the 10A ?

So basically, dealers or anyone can't upgrade the software? It's a permenant thing?

Bummer.....

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

So basically, dealers or anyone can't upgrade the software? It's a permenant thing?

Bummer.....
Last year's 10th Anniversary edition jeep. :)

If you search the forum for 10th Anniversary or 10A, you should find plenty of pictures for reference.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

Bummer.....
From what we've been told, it can't be retrofitted. We are out of luck.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
An OBD II dongle and a smartphone with appropriate app will give you all the info you could possibly want.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I guess that'll work. But I don't want to be staring at my phone while driving. I'd rather just glance at the dash and see what I'm looking for.

And as far as what was in the 10th anniversary, that was months ago. The 2014s (according to the 2014 build thread) are supposed to come with the enhanced EVIC with oil, temp, mph, as a standard option if your order the connectivity group package. From what I read on the previous thread regarding this option on the 10A, was because there was no parts code for it since it was a limited run thing, so it couldn't be done. But now it looks like its a standard option starting 2014.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not so fast...Pat from Fields

Pat is working on this. He said one of the techs he knew might be able to get the '13's to output this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pat is working on this. He said one of the techs he knew might be able to get the '13's to output this.
Cool... That's what I was hoping to hear!! It's not like I have to have this right now, but I was hoping sometime in the near future it could be flashed to the newer software. From the pics of the gauges on the other thread, they are identical. And I'm sure the computer inside the car is the same as well. It has to be a software only thing since the hardware is the same. So I assume... Since they had it working previously on the 10A.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah I guess that'll work. But I don't want to be staring at my phone while driving. I'd rather just glance at the dash and see what I'm looking for.

And as far as what was in the 10th anniversary, that was months ago. The 2014s (according to the 2014 build thread) are supposed to come with the enhanced EVIC with oil, temp, mph, as a standard option if your order the connectivity group package. From what I read on the previous thread regarding this option on the 10A, was because there was no parts code for it since it was a limited run thing, so it couldn't be done. But now it looks like its a standard option starting 2014.
I've been dying to have this, but when I think about it, I have AppRadio2 so a supported dongle and dashcommand app will give me everything I need.

If there is a way to retrofit software without hardware changes, then it's probably worth it, but otherwise I would skip it. I have a 2012 with basic EVIC so I'm SOL on a software solution.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The output is there on the '13. I have an AeroForce gauge mounted in my sPod that can display speed, RPM, coolant temp, oil temp, trans temp, steering angle, yaw rate, brake pressure, etc.

The data is there and if an aftermarket company can "crack the code" Jeep should certainly be able to.

They just need their programmers write new code to update the '13 EVIC.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Well that is fantastic We were originally told it could not be retro fitted. I wonder if it is available for all 2013's, or just some after a certain date?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
The output is there on the '13. I have an AeroForce gauge mounted in my sPod that can display speed, RPM, coolant temp, oil temp, trans temp, steering angle, yaw rate, brake pressure, etc.

The data is there and if an aftermarket company can "crack the code" Jeep should certainly be able to.

They just need their programmers write new code to update the '13 EVIC.
Okay, I hate to sound like a total dumbass but what is the sPod you mentioned here??? :hide:

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
And Pat's folks have been working this for months now.
Actually just a little over a month, and in hours, maybe 4-6 hours invested. One of the techs is trying it on his off time just for kicks.

I had heard that it might mess with the TIPM, so I passed that info on to the tech. Finding the time and a vehicle that we can mess with and if something goes wrong, can be down for awhile without impacting us.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Actually just a little over a month, and in hours, maybe 4-6 hours invested. One of the techs is trying it on his off time just for kicks.

I had heard that it might mess with the TIPM, so I passed that info on to the tech. Finding the time and a vehicle that we can mess with and if something goes wrong, can be down for awhile without impacting us.
Thanks for researching this, Pat. And please pass along our thanks to your tech! Im sure i speak for everyone when i say we all appreciate you both! :flowers:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm sure Chrysler could do this with a flash, but they probably don't see a benefit in doing so...and not supporting an upgrade allows the new model year to have an apparently new feature.

All of the info is on the bus. I use Torque and an OBD2 adapter to pull it for my 2013 JKR. I wish they would provide a flash upgrade, but it's Torque for now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts