Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time wrangler owner, Second time with a jeep. Its been about a month since i bought her and I can't stop spending money. HAH. This is my first new Vehicle, So its my baby.

So far everything thats been done is cosmetic:
Mesh Grill Insert
Rugged Ridge Light Guards
Black Jeep Logo
Fuel Cover
Dipped Wheels
Mopar Slush Mats
Quadratec Entry Guards
Smoked Spyder LED Taillights

Whats Next:
Truck-Lite LED Headlights (On the Way)
Tires, Wheels, and Lift
Bushwacker Flats

As Far as the Lift is concerned, Im open to suggestions. Im not on a tight budget, but I don't wheel ofter so i don't see the need to get anything outrageous. This is my daily driver and I want the ability to be safe off road when needed. I've been looking at the Rancho suspension kits seeing as they have a nice rebate available right now.

Im looking to get the lift installed with having to do a minimal amount of other upgrades. So from reading this forum, I guess that would put me at 2.5" or lower. I was particularly looking into the 3" Sport suspension kit with the RS9000XL shocks, Would this put me too high? Or should i lean towards the 2" sport suspension kit.

Im a little green to all of this, so bear with me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great so far! As to the lift, I myself just had a leveling kit installed (2" front, 1" rear) that only involved spacers. Picks it up a bit without changing the stock springs and removes the factory rake. I also use my JK as my daily so I went a bit simpler than a large lift. I bought the Teraflex leveling kit from Extreme Terrain for $160 and it cost ~$250 to be installed. Bear in mind, I'm new to this as well. My Wrangler is only 1 month old and is my first. But man is it fun to shop around for mods. It's like a grown-up Lego kit! Enjoy your new baby!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it looks great as it is. Why get the lift, if this is your daily driver? When you do go off-roading, are you doing a lot of difficult rock-crawling? If not, I would save the money and use for something like new tires or off-road lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply. Do you have any pictures available?
I only have the one right now. Weather has been pretty crappy lately around Maryland these days and I haven't had a lot of chances to take good pics. I'll try to post a couple. I'll take a few pics of the spacers so you can see the leveling kit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got the trucklite. You will love them. Take pics in the dark of before and after. I didn't got any when I did mine. Did you got the anti-flicker/balast ? Required on newer jeep.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the trucklite. You will love them. Take pics in the dark of before and after. I didn't got any when I did mine. Did you got the anti-flicker/balast ? Required on newer jeep.
Yup I bought the anti flicker harnesses.

I want the lift because it makes the jeep look that much better. I also plan on throwing 35's on her. So that would make the lift a necessity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 4 inch sport suspension kit in my 2010 wrangler and it adds more than you think cosmetically while not effecting the driving whatsoever; personally I think the driving is even more fun. It also adds a sleeker look to the darker colored Jeeps compared to just out of the factory.

As far as installation my friend helped me do it and it took us 30 minutes tops, really worth the time and money if you are looking for a nice lift to your jeep.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Just Ordered the Rancho 3" Sport Suspension Kit. After the Rebate It's Gonna Cost around 675$. Not too Shabby.

Now onto Wheels and Tires. Been Looking Into the Toyo MT's. But Still unsure. As for the Wheels, I haven't got a Clue.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
:welcome: and congratulations! :)

Sounds like you have lots of plans! :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pretty sweet! I love anything that is blacked out!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next question. What's the downside to running a 15" wheel? The 300$+ savings on tires make it real interesting. I also like the look. I've read with the proper backspacing it will work. But, what other issues might I run into.[

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same Boat

........Bear in mind, I'm new to this as well. My Wrangler is only 1 month old and is my first. But man is it fun to shop around for mods. It's like a grown-up Lego kit! Enjoy your new baby!!
Could not have said it better myself! Definitely a project for while I am "working" at work...But I am in the same mindset as yall. Budget is a big factor for me right now with saving for a honeymoon and paying for a trip to South Africa that I took last year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wheel size depends on what kind of look you are wanting from your tires. Smaller wheel size=bigger/meaty tire look. I went with 16" wheels because I didn't want to go big enough on the tires that I would have to get a lift. I am happy how they turned out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts