Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to add a few horses without ECU Swap and improve stance...

Thinking Magnaflow Axle Back and K&N 63 kit. That part seems pretty straight forward.

Also doing a 1.5" spacer stance improvement.

Waiting for an ECU unlock tuner which is not out yet.

Last pieces seeking are...

1- proven good looking grill guard that does not require drilling or cutting.

2- small lift that does not impact handling and can eventually handle easily 33" tires wide as possible on the stock hard rock rims.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts

Thinking Magnaflow Axle Back and K&N 63 kit. That part seems pretty straight forward.

2- small lift that does not impact handling and can eventually handle easily 33" tires wide as possible on the stock hard rock rims.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
Get the teraflex leveling kit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you haven't already, check out Maximus-3 for 10A / X / Hard Rock accessories. I have their front bumper hoop and spare tire carrier and love them. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I know it's a long thread, but read through this:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hardrock-10a-x-bumper-hoop-1416554.html

Everything from hoops, to tire carriers, everything in-between, and a few things maybe considered off topic have been covered in that thread. It is all inclusive with extensive reviews and analyses from people driving and modding HRs themselves.

In short, M-3 has some of the sturdiest hoops/stingers that use all factory mounting locations and tie into the frame. There is much more to it than that, so much information in that thread it can be hard to handle, but as an HR owner, trust me when I saw it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I know it's a long thread, but read through this: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hardrock-10a-x-bumper-hoop-1416554.html Everything from hoops, to tire carriers, everything in-between, and a few things maybe considered off topic have been covered in that thread. It is all inclusive with extensive reviews and analyses from people driving and modding HRs themselves. In short, M-3 has some of the sturdiest hoops/stingers that use all factory mounting locations and tie into the frame. There is much more to it than that, so much information in that thread it can be hard to handle, but as an HR owner, trust me when I saw it's worth it.
Haha, that's the most accurate description of that thread I've seen. So true.

OP as far as the grill I went with the Metalcrafters. It's pricey but an absolute work of art.

I've heard good things about the Teraflex leveling kit as well.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
I believe we're on 32" tires now. Personally, I'm going to wear these out before considering swapping to larger (Maybe 35"). But I won't go any larger than that. With a set of heavier springs and a leveling kit I think that is do-able.

·
Registered
459 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
BOLT hood lock with the eBay 3D safari land grill insert with the hole for the key looks great. Look in my signature for my build and you will see it in there.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Stick a RC 2.5" budget boost on and wheel spacers.

Focus on protection and recovery mods while you run down those stock tires - you'll know more what you want by then.

I did that right out of the gate.

Right now (I think) my end game is 285/75r17 (34x11). Recovery and protection. Desire is stock look with capability and function.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Focus on protection and recovery mods while you run down those stock tires...
This is the best advice IF you are actually going to use the vehicle. Sounds like the OP may just be looking for a 'stance' change and not necessarily capability. No harm in that, to each their own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a ton to all that chimed in.

I installed the K&N 63 Series intake kit, Magnaflow Axle-back black with dual tips, and G2 1.5" wheel spacers.

Very happy with my new sound and stance. Sound is louder and lower in tone with more rumble, but not necessarily a lot louder in the cab. It's perfect for me in a daily driver.

I do plan to get the Maximus grill hoop. They are one of the few that advertise as made to fit the new Hard Rocks without cutting or drilling; direct bolt on. Will buy and install if that's true.

Next up I think is a 2.5" spacer lift. Local shop here in DFW does the whole thing installed for about $500.

When my stocker mud terrains wear out, I will put 33 or 35 inch tires as wide as possible on the stock Hard Rock wheels.

Only other mod I have thought of is a tune, but I will wait until the new ECU is cracked with a hand held programmer available. I was told by my local shop that superchips should have theirs done within 6 mo or so, and worth the wait.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're considering the Maximus grill hoop, you may want to look at the Mopar hoop as an option (part number 77072349). From what I read, install was easier than the Maximus options, recovery hooks are easy to access, and it's cheaper. I was about to buy the Maximus until I read a few things here, and wound up getting it. Can't say it's better, but it worked well for me.

I'm hoping to save up eventually for a lift and a winch too, but no hurry. Really nice to see others planning on running the stock tires down before moving up immediately. That was my plan, and happy to see others with the same thought. Wife keeps saying I have to make a few payments before spending much more on toys...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the JWM Billet Grill Insert.

Easy to install. Great quality. Looks great. It's moving from my soon-to-be-gone 2015 to my 2016.

JWM 4×4 Billet Grille Insert – JWM 4×4

I see this grille insert is on sale now for $80. I'm about to take delivery of a Granite Hard Rock, and contemplating this in "flat black". What color are you running with, and what would you recommend?

Brad

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're considering the Maximus grill hoop, you may want to look at the Mopar hoop as an option (part number 77072349). From what I read, install was easier than the Maximus options, recovery hooks are easy to access, and it's cheaper. I was about to buy the Maximus until I read a few things here, and wound up getting it. Can't say it's better, but it worked well for me.

I'm hoping to save up eventually for a lift and a winch too, but no hurry. Really nice to see others planning on running the stock tires down before moving up immediately. That was my plan, and happy to see others with the same thought. Wife keeps saying I have to make a few payments before spending much more on toys...

I went with the Mopar bumper hoop. I have been very pleased. Install was very easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for all the info.

Well, I am indeed impatient.

I have installed the following:

- JEEP WRANGLER JK 4-DR 2.5" COIL SPRING LIFT KIT W/ FOX EVO SHOCKS. PART #: 49-6751
- Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer
- General Grabber Red Letter 33x12.5 r17 Tires Mounted on the Stock Hard Rock Black Wheels
- Maximus-III Stinger Grill Guard
- K&N Series 63 CAI
- Magnaflow Black Twin Pipe Axle-back Exhaust
- Exhaust Resonator Delete
- Diablosport PCM and Trinity Tuner - Running the Diablosport 93 Octane Tune
- Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer - Anodized Red
- Daystar Hood Latch Upgrade - no more shaking hood at highway speeds! Best $25 mod I've ever seen.
- Hard Rock Hood Vent Cut-out mod
- Tail light guards
- Shorty off-road antenna

So far am very happy with all. Still playing around with the Diablosport Trinity adjustable parameters.

If anyone has any question about any of these products, I'll be happy to try and answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
coming along nicely :beerdrinking:. Good Job!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I see this grille insert is on sale now for $80. I'm about to take delivery of a Granite Hard Rock, and contemplating this in "flat black". What color are you running with, and what would you recommend?

Brad
Flat black, without a doubt. Looked great on my Baja Yellow JK and on my Bright White JKU RHR.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts