Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up my first Jeep yesterday a 2017 Willys Unlimited.
Absolutely loving it don't have to worry about speed bumps curbs or anything or anything else on everyday roadways.
At the dealer dealer yesterday all the extras they and try and Tack on can add up to a small fortune. I did not get any of them.
I was just wondering they were saying the clear coat needs to be sealed then they were talking about the fabric protectant and all kinds of other stuff.
Is there anything I should do to a new the truck to help protect it or keep it up.
If so is there any place aftermarket that might be cheaper to do it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Just typical dealer add-on money makers they try to con you in to. Goes back to the dawn of the automobile. You don't need any of that more than you needed it on any other vehicle.

Oh, and it's a Jeep. Not a truck. But at least you didn't call it a car. ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I was just wondering they were saying the clear coat needs to be sealed then they were talking about the fabric protectant and all kinds of other stuff.
Is there anything I should do to a new the truck to help protect it or keep it up.
After giving the paint a good amount of time to dry, a good wax is all you really need for the exterior.

"Wax on... wax off" Repeat.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Pick up my first Jeep yesterday a 2017 Willys Unlimited.
Absolutely loving it don't have to worry about speed bumps curbs or anything or anything else on everyday roadways.
At the dealer dealer yesterday all the extras they and try and Tack on can add up to a small fortune. I did not get any of them.
If so is there any place aftermarket that might be cheaper to do it.
If you want a consumer-applyable fabric protector, there are products like Scotchguard. You may not want the chemicals from fabric protectors touching your skin, so another approach is seat covers...they make some very cool ones for Wranglers.

There are some good dealer and aftermarket paint sealants, and they tend to cost some money. As mentioned, wax is a good paint/clear coat sealant that can be applied (regularly) at home- pick a good one. I'd recommend something that doesn't discolor the black plastic fenders and trim, as masking them off to keep them from turning whitish where the wax has touched them is a lot of work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Meguiars-G18216-Ultimate-Liquid-Wax/dp/B004HCM9H4

^^ while you wouldn't want to coat black trim, this one doesn't cause it to turn white where the wax has touched it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have asked in the original post
What about a factory extended warranty
They offered 70,000 / 8 year bumper to bumper.
For 1800.00$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts