Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright after building my 2010 crazy and getting it perfect I’ve upgraded! I want to do it right with this one and go step by step making this overland/crawl/travel rig bomb! I am open to all suggestions ( what to do first, brands, tips, etc.)
About us, we are in Arizona and are only a couple years in the wrangler community and are always looking for groups! we are in our twenties, have great jobs with flexible schedules and three beautiful huskies that not always but often go with us. We travel 8-12 times a year for 3-10 days at a time and want to be able to drive/crawl/overland. In advance I greatly appreciate all your feedback and help!!

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
75,232 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
So cool. Love to see the EcoDiesels. Se new and cool. Seems to be a great engine too. Can't wait to see what is done, and what you do. Congrats, I'd love an EcoDiesel. My favorite of the three new engines (392, EcoDiesel, 4xe). I had to go with a stick personally, but man I'd love an EcoDiesel. So cool! Only recommendation I have for it is all the extra weight from the engine. Watch TrailRecon on YouTube, he's currently building one too. Said something about there are few companies changing their kits to adapt to the extra weight. Anyways, good luck and I'm super jealous!

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just got all this ordered 🤢 I’m sick haha but also excited so stoked. Next month I’ll order the remaining 6 control arms, fenders, rock rails and tail lights. But this should get me on most or any trails for now haha

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did the spacer on top of the 3.5” lift because my local jeep shop (doetsch) that I got some of this stuff from said with the eco Diesel engine and many kits not including the diesel springs this will allow the front to not sag. And since with the diesel you can’t use any reservoir shocks because the engine and the reservoir hit they said use the falcon 2.1 which are insanely good way better than any fox or bilstein or ranchos that I’ve personally used. Not saying those arent amazing shocks for other preferences! until teraflex redesigns the placement of the remote reservoir. Also the new j3 lights are ugly in my opinion so I went with the j2!

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picking up 5 of these for the toyos open country’s to be mounted on tomorrow at Doetsch!

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
picked up some of the goodies yesterday 😏 in desperate search of a decently priced rubicon front stubby mopar bumper the one that comes factory and you take the wings off

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
That is fast. I have a diesel in my Ram and the dealer says that the Wrangler diesel is not exactly trouble free. Look at the longest warranty and cover all the smog devices. Now get some rocker sliders or power slider rocker steps. Then bumpers and a winch. Diff covers. On board air. That should get you down the road.

Reactions: HazardJeep22

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is fast. I have a diesel in my Ram and the dealer says that the Wrangler diesel is not exactly trouble free. Look at the longest warranty and cover all the smog devices. Now get some rocker sliders or power slider rocker steps. Then bumpers and a winch. Diff covers. On board air. That should get you down the road.
Yeah man installing the rubi sliders as we speak, and thanks for the tips, I need to do a winch and bumper for sure!🤘🏼

·
Registered
36 Posts
Emissions system is covered for 8 years / 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Check the backspace of your wheels with that TR & DL. Looks like you got the sport so no lockers. Worry about lockers and gears later. Actually you may never need them. That's a great looking Wrangler, please don't mount a hi lift jack on it or off road lights everywhere. JMHO. That's a fairly popular suspension lift so let us know how it changed your ride characteristics.

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I may do lockers down the road but with the Dana 44 in the front because of the diesel and the limited slip in the back I’m not super worried about lockers. I definitely am not going to mount a highlift on the outside, I’m going to mount it on the bar on the inside and I’m going to do some really nice spotlights built-in to the bumper and headlights so I don’t have to put rigids on it. So far this is my second TeraFlex kit and falcon suspension system and it literally drives better than stock with 37’s. I’m beyond happy with it

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I havnt wheeled it yet but I like to wheel our Jeep’s hard not just trails and I’m stoked to try the new alpine IR arms vs the alpines like before

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
If you got the extra bucks, check out aluminum bumpers to save the weight and no rust. Also if you plan on towing it make sure the front bumper is tow bar rated. Make sure the winch mounts low in the bumper. For the rear you will want a swing away tire carrier as part of the bumper for those big tires.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
I suggest you really slow down the loading of your Wrangler to be sure of what you are installing. Many of us have had to go back and re-do things and that costs $$$. Example: I am now on my 3rd set of shocks, 3rd set of springs and the thing has had 4 different sets of wheels. I think I finally have it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I may do lockers down the road but with the Dana 44 in the front because of the diesel and the limited slip in the back I’m not super worried about lockers. I definitely am not going to mount a highlift on the outside, I’m going to mount it on the bar on the inside and I’m going to do some really nice spotlights built-in to the bumper and headlights so I don’t have to put rigids on it. So far this is my second TeraFlex kit and falcon suspension system and it literally drives better than stock with 37’s. I’m beyond happy with it
What mount system are you looking at to mount it? Curious because I'd love to have it with me, just don't know where best to put it. Also, I recently picked up a JCR rear bumper and absolutely love it! Super nice, tucked away light slots, and holes used for hi-lift jacking points - super easy and secure way to lift the whole Jeep. Yours is a JL, but I highly recommend this bumper. Especially as it arrived in two days off of Quadratic completely free. Super nice as I was bumperless after bending the old one. Great looking Jeep so far! Last question, seems you changed away from my favorite tire - the Open Country's, how come?

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What mount system are you looking at to mount it? Curious because I'd love to have it with me, just don't know where best to put it. Also, I recently picked up a JCR rear bumper and absolutely love it! Super nice, tucked away light slots, and holes used for hi-lift jacking points - super easy and secure way to lift the whole Jeep. Yours is a JL, but I highly recommend this bumper. Especially as it arrived in two days off of Quadratic completely free. Super nice as I was bumperless after bending the old one. Great looking Jeep so far! Last question, seems you changed away from my favorite tire - the Open Country's, how come?
So I’ve always wanted to run the Patagonia’s not only for their price but their on road technology with sound. I know I won’t get as many miles but it’s been eating at me for two years so I had to try them 😂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts