Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, these are ready to roll!!

These are like the Narrow version only wider! Now, you can have full coverage with your aftermarket fenders without breaking the bank or the law!!

The frame is constructed from beefy 1.25 diameter tube with .083 wall thickness thats CNC mandrel bent. The fender is skinned with a 10" wide sheet of 16-guage thick mild steel, and then the whole package is texture-black powder coated for maximum durability and a beautiful finish.

These are $585.00 in bare steel or $665.00 powder coated black! Plus it comes with all mounting hardware and a nutsert tool! Backed by a life time warranty!

ACE JK Wide Tubular Fenders

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Please feel free to PM, email, or give us a call at anytime!

-Jason

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can we get a side shot of the rear?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm a big fan of these so far.

Looking forward to more pictures.

You can't beat the price. I liked the narrow version, but the 3.75" back spacing of my 15" BR Vipers pushes them out pretty good. These wide fenders look like a match made in heaven for my Jeep.

·
Registered
297 Posts
they do look nice... :thumb:

Would like to see a few more pics of the rear and side profiles.

Might need to add these to the mix also. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
One thing I noticed in the installation video, once you're done, no inner fenders?

DB
Not a problem with Black Jeeps. What is a problem, and the reason I asked for a better side shot, is that it seems that the rear side doesn't curve to the slight contour of the rear fender so there is a slight gap in the middle.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't you wish every vendor made products as good as ACE? I love our sliders, as does everyone else, and they're priced extremely well.

These fenders are next on my list.

·
Registered
544 Posts
With the amount of winter crap that flies around my wheel wells, I want (and need) inner fenders. I'll have a look at that Genright video :D

DB

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can reuse the stock inner fender. We have (KOR) have not done a set of the wide fenders but I dont see why it would be any different. What we do is spray the inner fenders black. Then, we take the stock inner fender plastic and place it back in. It does take some triming but it goes in fine. The only hard part (or part you have to think about) is the mounting at the bottom closest to the door. Other than that, it works great!

The lights are a DIY. A LOT of guys (including us) do not run them. Some state require you to. What most guys do is ziptie the stock one (or any other one) to the unerside or the back wall of the fender. I have also seen guys weld tabs on the outer edge as well but you loose clearance there.

I will see what I can do about getting pictures of the rear. We have a picture of the rear on our narrows if that will help. There is no gaps in the rear. Yes, it does not fallow the stock "curve" as much but there is no gaps.

-Jason

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
The only hard part (or part you have to think about) is the mounting at the bottom closest to the door. Other than that, it works great!
Thanks for the tips Jason. ;)

Watch the video of the GenRights and you'll see that it's pretty easy to take care of that bottom liner issue by leaving a small flap that will bolt on top of the new fenders.

·
Registered
724 Posts
ACE's video stated that there are a couple holes that needed to be enlarged to installation.

Will that present any issues if you decide to put the stock fenders back on?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the tips Jason. ;)

Watch the video of the GenRights and you'll see that it's pretty easy to take care of that bottom liner issue by leaving a small flap that will bolt on top of the new fenders.
Yeah, I will have to check that out. On the bottom, we drilled two holes and ran a ziptie through them. Holds it down nice and cost nothing!!

ACE's video stated that there are a couple holes that needed to be enlarged to installation.

Will that present any issues if you decide to put the stock fenders back on?
I have never went back stock. We are looking to possibly change some rigs around here and if so, we might do it. I dont see why there would be much issue. Worst case, you could use the mounting hardward for the ACE fenders for the stock ones. Then you would just need new hardware but at that point, it is a lot cheaper than buying new fenders!

-Jason

1 - 20 of 55 Posts