Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked on here and didnt see anything, maybe i didnt look hard enough, but...I need a new alternator, and was wonder what i should get. Ive seen BOSCH at like $100 give or take, and the mean green on Quadratec for like $400??? and also what amp i shoud go with?
I have a yellow top and the only aux i have is KCs on the windshield and will be sticking two more on the bumper.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
rock auto has a plethora of altenators to choose from. I would go with the 90 amp

RockAuto Parts Catalog

also here is a discount code if you so choose to use them

Using Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Select amperage depending on future mods.. If you plan on getting a winch, you may want to go higher than 90 in order to keep up with the winch pull from the battery. If all you plan on are four kc's, then a 90 amp is plenty. I have the stock 71 amp and it holds two pairs of lights well, but I plan to upgrade with future mods.

Durango alternators may also work depending on your year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts