Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get new bumpers ASAP to replace the stock plastics. I like the look of the ARB Deluxe winch front bumper (no bull bar) but was curious if anyone here who has installed one can tell me what to expect. Also open to recommendations on other bumpers. Any must have modifications that people recommend would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time!

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Check this thread in the "Stickies" section for ideas on bumpers:

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check this thread in the "Stickies" section for ideas on bumpers:

Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks, I appreciate it. still figuring out the forum.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Many online retailers have an electronic version of the instructions. If you haven't already, Read through and see if there's anything concerning. I did that when I was shopping for bumpers. At a high level, it's pretty straight forward. Remove 8 bolts retaining the stock bumper and install the new. Only get's more tedious if you have to swap fog lights, relocate the vacuum pump, or modify the frame rails. I wanted to avoid modifying the frame but ended up with the ARB stubby which requires flattening the top of the flange that the bumper mounts to. Not difficult, just tedious, and added an extra step to paint the area you flattened as you will literally beat the paint off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many online retailers have an electronic version of the instructions. If you haven't already, Read through and see if there's anything concerning. I did that when I was shopping for bumpers. At a high level, it's pretty straight forward. Remove 8 bolts retaining the stock bumper and install the new. Only get's more tedious if you have to swap fog lights, relocate the vacuum pump, or modify the frame rails. I wanted to avoid modifying the frame but ended up with the ARB stubby which requires flattening the top of the flange that the bumper mounts to. Not difficult, just tedious, and added an extra step to paint the area you flattened as you will literally beat the paint off.
Thank you I will do that

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks great imo. Only thing I would change is remove that led that sits in the middle or your hood. Of course that's just personal preference but it takes away from the nice lines on that Jeep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great imo. Only thing I would change is remove that led that sits in the middle or your hood. Of course that's just personal preference but it takes away from the nice lines on that Jeep.
Previous owner put it on. I feel the same as you. As soon as I can get a top bar I'll be replacing it. First things I want to get done is front and rear bumper, a winch and skid plates are my priorities at the moment. Still shopping around and undecided on what to get because there are so many options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts