Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
doors are a cake walk... the hard top will take a buddy to help lift.. still easy. I would say the doors are an easy 1 and the hard top is a 3.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweeet i was dreading that haha yeah im buying one with a full soft top and im not about that life, so i wanted to replace it, it also has a bimini top:]

·
Registered
725 Posts
you might need a hunk of wood to place on the bottom of the door pins and smack it with a hammer if they won't lift off with ease.

·
Registered
159 Posts
X2 on the buddy, I plan to leave my hard top off until winter unless I get a quality soft top then I'm getting rid of it. I prefer a soft top. But it's all really easy but a friend is necessary

·
Registered
261 Posts
I drove my jeep just over an hour to get my hard top, took the soft top an frame off in their driveway an the girl selling it an I dropped it on! Took the battery drill to get the sheet metal screws out of the soft top frame an to attach the hard top. I'm using cj doors an the adjuster bolts didn't want to budge 3 ended up stripping the heads an I had to drill them out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just need maybe a couple of opinions on a scale 1-10 how hard is it to put on doors and a hard top
Couple pointers on the doors and top, doors, they are pretty easy but sometimes both upper and lower hinge might not line up and may have to loosen door hinges to fit straight, then you may have to adjust the Stryker to close door properly, hard top is pretty simple as well but I would buy a new seal kit before installing to avoid leaks and you have good seal. Good luck with new parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
X2 on the buddy, I plan to leave my hard top off until winter unless I get a quality soft top then I'm getting rid of it. I prefer a soft top. But it's all really easy but a friend is necessary
i live in chicago so a soft top would just not be ideal ya know? We get like 9 months of winter so yeah but thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple pointers on the doors and top, doors, they are pretty easy but sometimes both upper and lower hinge might not line up and may have to loosen door hinges to fit straight, then you may have to adjust the Stryker to close door properly, hard top is pretty simple as well but I would buy a new seal kit before installing to avoid leaks and you have good seal. Good luck with new parts.
yeah i think between me and my buddy we will get it we had to put a new door on his mustang and that wasn't easy but we got it and any suggested place for the seal kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts