Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just Recently bought myself a 2000 Jeep TJ! I'm loving it so far but just starting to modify it bit by bit not that keen on all the chrome so that will be the first to go! Progress photos below! Any advice/ ideas would be awesome! Thanks!

Pretty much how she was when i purchased her (couldn't wait to get her offroad) ^

Wasn't that keen on the chrome bars so took away the top one and sprayed the bottom matte black and flipped it for a little extra wheel clearance^

Side steps and rear chrome bars will either be gone soon or will be matte black too, still deciding!

Any advice welcome! Thanks :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Trim your flares for the flat look and more tire clearance, paint your headlight bezels, cheep easy and does a lot for looks. Welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trim your flares for the flat look and more tire clearance, paint your headlight bezels, cheep easy and does a lot for looks. Welcome.
Cheers for the ideas, definitely was considering painting the bezels, but when you say trim the flares I presume you mean the front of them? Which is where my front indicators are... So not sure I'd be able to do that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I painted the bezels today in the same matte black as the bar came out quite nice i think will definitely be blacking out all the chrome as i get the time! Before and after pictures below!

Before ^

After ^

Im thinking black and yellow the whole way round would work well! Opinions?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nah not near Perth, in Adelaide, you from Australia?
No not from Perth but my sister in law is there going to school. my cousin went On vacation to Australia and met her husband in Melbourne, he lives with her in Wisconsin now. haha.
I painted my bezels black too. It was the only chrome on my jeep and I'm glad to see it gone.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is the idea with the flares??Some places it is not required to have side markers so there can be different variations and cut lines. Just an idea, you mask it off use a utility knife slowly follow cut line each pass gets deeper until it snaps off, sand to finish you can also buy trim, a fellow forum member has a post here some where. A cool cheap DIY mod.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh okay yeah I see what you mean, I'll look into it when I get a chance! Cheers for the idea and explanation!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No not from Perth but my sister in law is there going to school. my cousin went On vacation to Australia and met her husband in Melbourne, he lives with her in Wisconsin now. haha. I painted my bezels black too. It was the only chrome on my jeep and I'm glad to see it gone.

Yeah okay, I used to live in Melbourne but living in Adelaide now, and I agree as the chrome is disappearing the car is just looking better and better!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I've been quite busy so haven't really got a lot done...

I did manage to pull out the carpet from the back seat (wasn't left in the best condition by the previous owner). While doing that I realised that there are some issues with the brackets holding in the back seat (just needs some adjusting)... which will be a pain to fix because the owner stripped some of the screws :rant:

but here she is minus seats and carpet (but still a whole lot of dirt):

and here she is with the new lock box i bought on sale for $99 (down from $199):

The lock box has been secured to the car so hopefully won't get stolen any time soon!!

Also... have been working on fixing some electrical issues that i discovered when i hooked her up to a trailer, indicators worked but brake/park lights didn't, turned out to be a faulty earth wire so she is all fixed now. (sorry no pictures)

I know nothing exciting is happening yet, but hopefully in the near future when i'm not buried in work and i have fixed all the issues kindly left for me by the previous owner (sarcasm obviously) :rant: things will start to get more interesting!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This build is about to go from a slow start to an even slower one... still trying to sell the Suzuki below (was my previous), the day before a potential buyer came to look at her the second cylinder stopped firing, replaced spark plug + lead and still wouldn't fire, so of course the guy didn't want a 3 cylinder Suzuki :facepalm:

here is a nice photo of the beast just so this post isn't completely negative :lmao:

About the cleanest she has looked since I've had her! (not that clean is the aim with a jeep)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts