Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Looks like a CJ..

Anyone who seriously follows what the global warmists have planned, will realize that all Jeeps in the not too distant future will be the same size as the Mahindra Roxor. https://www.atvtrader.com/listing/2019-Mahindra-ROXOR-5006846179 (Of course, the Jeep going back to its roots might not be a bad thing).

When you burn a gallon of gasoline, you produce 20 pounds of CO2. Every time you burn 10 gallons of gas, you've dumped 200 Pounds of CO2 into the air. Ten average fill-ups produces a full ton. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentIncludes/co2_inc.htm

Anything that gets less than 40 MPG simply won't be allowed. Trust me...This day is coming fast, (Just ask Greta).

Yes, there probably will be full sized all electric Jeeps like the JK/JL, but the problem is that unless there are HUGE strides in battery technology, they will only get maybe 300 miles at best on a charge. A trip from Miami to Moab will be a true pain with long stops taking hours to to charge up instead of a quick gas-n-go.

·
Super Moderator
12,669 Posts
Looks like a CJ..

Anyone who seriously follows what the global warmists have planned, will realize that all Jeeps in the not too distant future will be the same size as the Mahindra Roxor. https://www.atvtrader.com/listing/2019-Mahindra-ROXOR-5006846179 (Of course, the Jeep going back to its roots might not be a bad thing).

When you burn a gallon of gasoline, you produce 20 pounds of CO2. Every time you burn 10 gallons of gas, you've dumped 200 Pounds of CO2 into the air. Ten average fill-ups produces a full ton. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentIncludes/co2_inc.htm

Anything that gets less than 40 MPG simply won't be allowed. Trust me...This day is coming fast, (Just ask Greta).

Yes, there probably will be full sized all electric Jeeps like the JK/JL, but the problem is that unless there are HUGE strides in battery technology, they will only get maybe 300 miles at best on a charge. A trip from Miami to Moab will be a true pain with long stops taking hours to to charge up instead of a quick gas-n-go.

Like gun control isn't about guns, it's about control, limiting citizens mobility is just another step to control where we go and what we do. The party bosses won't be subject to such limitations.
Just look around now at the billionaires that are currently advocating 40MPG while flying around in their private jets. Bernie Sanders and Al Gore come to mind.

A couple classics to read are "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley or "1984" by George Orwell. Both are frightening looks into the future that's developing as we play with our Jeeps.

In the meantime, if they put out a "Baby Jeep", lets hope it comes with a diesel and standard shift.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I still think we are going to end up like the people in demolition man. Be well! Like the looks of that pic though. Looks like roxor hit a nerve.......

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I saw this in an article. No details other than being about a foot shorter than the JL and a probable 2022 introduction.
It's a step in the right direction but the quality will be garbage i would rather have a Jimny. If Toyota ever buys the Jeep brand i would consider buying one again but they should just bring back small land cruisers.

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
It's a step in the right direction but the quality will be garbage i would rather have a Jimny. If Toyota ever buys the Jeep brand i would consider buying one again but they should just bring back small land cruisers.
Except Toyota doesn't make "small land cruisers". And they haven't for a very long time.
If Toyota were to buy Jeep, and I doubt they will, the Wrangler would be fatter, bigger, and less off road capable. And build quality would be the same but people would talk about how great it is now that Toyota owns them.

But the Jeep in the picture is very cool looking. And I think riverredrubicon is right, Roxor hit a nerve.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Except Toyota doesn't make "small land cruisers". And they haven't for a very long time.
If Toyota were to buy Jeep, and I doubt they will, the Wrangler would be fatter, bigger, and less off road capable. And build quality would be the same but people would talk about how great it is now that Toyota owns them.

But the Jeep in the picture is very cool looking. And I think riverredrubicon is right, Roxor hit a nerve.

The wrangler has been getting bigger and fatter since 2007 Toyota would only improve things. Toyota quality has taken a dive since the 90's but they are still more reliable than any American brand no matter which country owns them at any given point in time. If China ever ends up with the Jeep brand reliability would probably improve.

If Toyota would sell something like the SWB 70 series i would buy one as soon as it hit the dealer lot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I spoke with the Mahindra Roxor people at the 2019 Bantam Jeep Festival in Butler, PA. The Roxor will not be enhanced to the point that it will be street legal in the US, but one of the reasons is that the weight of the enhancements on a frame that small will mean that it will need a heck of a powerful engine in that small engine bay. That said, there are a lot of countries where the Roxor is legal and it's actually produced under contract as part of the Jeep family of vehicles. The contract is for something like 99 years and was signed in the very early Jeep days when no one had a clue where the Jeep was heading, so at the very earliest it runs through 2040.

It will be interesting to see what Jeep configures in that small of a footprint that will meet users wants & needs, still be legal and cost effective. At least it will be easy to winch out of a mud hole.

·
Super Moderator
12,669 Posts
I went to look at a Roxor in Kiowa Colorado yesterday. I think all it needs to make it street legal is turn signals, mirrors, a horn, a windshield & w/s wipers plus doing something with the speed limiter. If that's all it needs, I can't imaging all those items weighing enough to make any difference in the vehicles performance.
The biggest bite of the bunch is $1024.40 for a windshield frame and wiper kit, plus maybe $200.00 for a glass windshield that a local glass company should be able to make up with the w/s frame as a template.
I'm guessing that it would be titled here in Colorado as a home built vehicle which is a fairly simple process in non-emission counties.

I think they're not being built as a street legal vehicle because as a manufacturer, Mahindra would have to have air bags and pass emission testing plus all the things stated above. That would put them in the $30K range. MSRP for a bare bones 2020 Wrangler is $38,840.00.
If FCA could sell a baby Wrangler for around the $30K mark, I'm thinking it would be a hit.

For a lot of good info, Google "legalize a Roxor".

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Make that the Small, keep the JLU as the Large, and bring back an LJish Medium... a 2 door with an extended cargo area. Everybody's happy. (Well, I'm happy, cuz I want a Medium!)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I went to look at a Roxor in Kiowa Colorado yesterday. I think all it needs to make it street legal is turn signals, mirrors, a horn, a windshield & w/s wipers plus doing something with the speed limiter. If that's all it needs, I can't imaging all those items weighing enough to make any difference in the vehicles performance.
The biggest bite of the bunch is $1024.40 for a windshield frame and wiper kit, plus maybe $200.00 for a glass windshield that a local glass company should be able to make up with the w/s frame as a template.
I'm guessing that it would be titled here in Colorado as a home built vehicle which is a fairly simple process in non-emission counties.

I think they're not being built as a street legal vehicle because as a manufacturer, Mahindra would have to have air bags and pass emission testing plus all the things stated above. That would put them in the $30K range. MSRP for a bare bones 2020 Wrangler is $38,840.00.
If FCA could sell a baby Wrangler for around the $30K mark, I'm thinking it would be a hit.

Good Luck, L.M.
Having to have airbags and all that BS is just that BS. Motorcycles aren't regulated. If you choose to "risk your life" then go on ahead.

·
Super Moderator
12,669 Posts
Make that the Small, keep the JLU as the Large, and bring back an LJish Medium... a 2 door with an extended cargo area. Everybody's happy. (Well, I'm happy, cuz I want a Medium!)
There's a barn find '87 YJ near me that I've been trying to buy for a couple years. The owner would like to sell it but sees ads for built Wranglers with asking prices in the $10K to $20K range.
If he comes to his senses and decides on a reasonable price for a vehicle that hasn't run in 10 years (it was parked because it quit running) I'd buy it.

My plans are to do a V8 conversion and extend it by 12". It would end up as a YJU. I have the shop, the tools, the money and the time. I just don't have the vehicle. Yet.
A longer Wrangler with a V8 would make a great daily driver and be able to pull my teardrop easier than my current YJ.
For the trails around here, the shorter version works better. Go to UTUBE and search "Black Bear Pass".

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
There's a barn find '87 YJ near me that I've been trying to buy for a couple years. The owner would like to sell it but sees ads for built Wranglers with asking prices in the $10K to $20K range.
If he comes to his senses and decides on a reasonable price for a vehicle that hasn't run in 10 years (it was parked because it quit running) I'd buy it.

My plans are to do a V8 conversion and extend it by 12". It would end up as a YJU. I have the shop, the tools, the money and the time. I just don't have the vehicle. Yet.
A longer Wrangler with a V8 would make a great daily driver and be able to pull my teardrop easier than my current YJ.
For the trails around here, the shorter version works better. Go to UTUBE and search "Black Bear Pass".

Good Luck, L.M.
Funny you should mention Black Bear. I just watched The Fast Lane Car's youtube video for Black Bear on Monday. What a beautiful area.

Hope the YJ project ends up working out for ya.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
The Global alarmists keep talking about CO2 being so bad. If we reduced CO2 emission to zero (physical impossibility) all the plant life on the planet will die.

If the United States reduced it's CO2 emission to zero, the total the world puts out would still go up because of China and India.

Luckymac is right - it is all about control. But the people keep rejected that. Just ask Jeremy Corbin.

The reason the Roxor looks so much like a CJ is that Mahindra held or maybe still holds the license to build CJs in India. They produced a version of the CJ-3B until 2010.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Good Luck, L.M.
FCA and Mahindra have a legal agreement -- the Roxor cannot be sold in Street Legal configuration in USA; not sure if it includes North America.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts