Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input for a new battery to run in my TJ, Just installed a winch, and a couple light pods, stereo, and plan on a few more power draining things in the future.
Do I need Deep Cycle? What is the ideal range for CCAs? Reserve capacity mins?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I was actually wondering the same thing the other day... I think I am going with the same battery listed above...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can't justify the price on some of these batteries myself and decided to go with a Napa legend AGM . They're made by Deka right here in PA and have a good reputation. I believe the one I've picked out comes in right around a buck and a half. I'm no big time off roader, but get into some hairy places and am at that point in life where you throw your shovel away. .....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just installed a Interstate AGM battery. More CCA's and longer warranty than an Optima Yellow Top. According to the battery distributor, this is the best battery you can buy in this size. I paid about $230 wholesale for it. Optima has a lot of mixed reviews. Only benefit I found with Optima aesthetics and brand recognition.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I got what they carry at Advanced Auto. 1000 CCA for $180. It was the silver (gold just has better warranty)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts