Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of help with my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. Old battery was dead and couldn't be jumped after sitting for a month. New battery was installed 2 days ago and the Jeep started right up. Drove it most of the next day to put miles on it to pass smog however today, I noticed the key fob/door lock horn sounded very weak. Didn't think too much about it until I tried to start it later on and it wouldn't turn over. All the lights, stereo, etc turned on but the engine didn't turn over. I turned it off, sat for a minute and retried. It started up this time. I later locked the door again with the key fob and the horn alarm was even weaker. I don't have a clue where to start looking for a drain or if I should have the brand new battery checked... Any help is very much appreciated!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
892 Posts
I am in need of help with my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. Old battery was dead and couldn't be jumped after sitting for a month. New battery was installed 2 days ago and the Jeep started right up. Drove it most of the next day to put miles on it to pass smog however today, I noticed the key fob/door lock horn sounded very weak. Didn't think too much about it until I tried to start it later on and it wouldn't turn over. All the lights, stereo, etc turned on but the engine didn't turn over. I turned it off, sat for a minute and retried. It started up this time. I later locked the door again with the key fob and the horn alarm was even weaker. I don't have a clue where to start looking for a drain or if I should have the brand new battery checked... Any help is very much appreciated!
If everything else works and the starter won't engage and the next time you try it, it starts, I would check for corrosion inside the starter cable or ground cable insulation or one of the metal ends. ANY swelling inside the black or red insulation of the positive or negative cables means you have that white corrosion building up inside. No fix for that. You must replace that cable. The higher the humidity in your area, the more of a problem this white corrosion will be. ANY visible swelling, lumping or visible white powder is a amperage killer.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top