Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My new Bed Rug Carpet was delivered 30 minutes ago and is installed and ready to go.
I felt it only fair to Bed Rug to give it my review here where it matters.
In my opinion, its brilliant. When I opened the box I was a little surprised at how light the carpeting is but it is tough well made and moulded to fit really well!
The only thing on the downside is the carpet allows for the console between the driver and passenger seat so now if I want to cover up the gap I will need to put one of those in.
Heat shielding is provided and in fairness the interior is starting to come together really well.
So if you need new carpet I recommend BedRug! :thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put a bedrug in my 2002 and like it a lot. Cut down on heat and noise. Glad I did it and would recommend to anyone. PO had removed carpet and rhino-lined everything. Several friends thought I had paid someone to put in new carpet.

Also, been leaving it open in the rain the last few weeks. No mold, or smell of any kind but... the mosquitos will start hanging out if you don't dry it out quickly enough.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man that does look good. I would be on the hunt for a console for sure though if I were you. the 03 and up console will fit and has the option tp put a subwoofer in it. 97-02 does not have that option
I've got a 2002 and I have a sub in my console. It doesn't work but I've got one. Mine is an APEX edition so not sure if it came with that particular package.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that does look good. I would be on the hunt for a console for sure though if I were you. the 03 and up console will fit and has the option tp put a subwoofer in it. 97-02 does not have that option
Thanks for the info, Will start looking! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi All,

My new Bed Rug Carpet was delivered 30 minutes ago and is installed and ready to go.
I felt it only fair to Bed Rug to give it my review here where it matters.
In my opinion, its brilliant. When I opened the box I was a little surprised at how light the carpeting is but it is tough well made and moulded to fit really well!
The only thing on the downside is the carpet allows for the console between the driver and passenger seat so now if I want to cover up the gap I will need to put one of those in.
Heat shielding is provided and in fairness the interior is starting to come together really well.
So if you need new carpet I recommend BedRug! :thumb:
If you call them they will send a replacement that fits Jeeps without the center console. Mine was the same thing, 1 quick phone call and they shipped out the same day.

·
Registered
881 Posts
BertieBoo;
I had the same fit issues with my Daughter's 98 without a console. I went on the Bedrug site (Bedrug Bedliners and Truck Bed Liners BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner ) and did a live chat with a rep and explained the problem. She asked for a picture of the area, and after sending a quick picture of the gap in the carpet she said that they had the correct piece and would ship it to me no charge! There was no "we need proof of purchase and go through the seller" crap. she actually seemed excited to be able to help. A few days later I received a box with a perfect fitting section.
The fit is great for all of the pieces and I can't say enough good about the company. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thank's for the info about the console carpet, but I'm going to get one and fit it. :)
I have now however had a brief online chat with a very nice lady who is sending me out the piece to cover the console area.
What a brilliant company! :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Another suggestion Bertie, get some black Duplicolor Fabric paint and freshen up those faded roll bar pads. And if the zipper won't hold on the side with the tape, it can be fixed. One of mine was giving me problems and I thought I was going to have to replace the zipper, but using tips from googling "zipper repair" I was able to get it working good as new.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Man that stuff looks sharp... Makes me want it more and more. Ideally, I'd like to bedline my interior first and then throw that stuff down, but it doesn't seem necessary.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another suggestion Bertie, get some black Duplicolor Fabric paint and freshen up those faded roll bar pads. And if the zipper won't hold on the side with the tape, it can be fixed. One of mine was giving me problems and I thought I was going to have to replace the zipper, but using tips from googling "zipper repair" I was able to get it working good as new.
Thank's Shoe, I've already ordered and am awaiting a new set of rollbar covers. The side with the tape is damaged where I tried to get the zipper to open and broke it. I am going to remove the old, redye it black, repair the zipper and save it for spare.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man that stuff looks sharp... Makes me want it more and more. Ideally, I'd like to bedline my interior first and then throw that stuff down, but it doesn't seem necessary.
It's not, This stuff is the business! Any dirt or spills, just pull it out, power wash it, dry it and put it back.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I may have to pick some of that up at some point. My tub is already bed lined with Raptor.

Mine will have to be modified due to the fuel cell and some other changes inside but it would be great, especially for winter.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It's not, This stuff is the business! Any dirt or spills, just pull it out, power wash it, dry it and put it back.
I think I'm still going to bedline it. Mainly because I want to make sure any and all rust/problem areas are taken care of. Plus I run with the top and doors off 6 months out of the year and the piece of mind bedlining would give me is worth... And I kinda sorta just really wanna do it.

Bedrug is going right on top of it though. I can't get over how good it looks.

EDIT: Did you take the seats out to do it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts