Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been installing a new blower switch in my 97 TJ today and found that the shaft on the new switch is smaller than my old one and also positioned differently so that when it is installed the knob is pointing the wrong way. I have looked and looked for another switch online but the only one I can find for this year model is the one I got. Does anyone know if there are two switches for the 97 and if there is where can I get the correct one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures

Tool accessory

Auto part

Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia Car

The switch on the left is the old switch. Also attached a photo of my control panel. Any help would be very much appreciated

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well I can say the one in the right is the one I have for my 99. Maybe the 97 might be different? But if you end up finding it is different and you can't return the new one ill buy it.

Pretty sure I've seen the 97 is totally different. Need an expert opinion though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if I bought a knob that fits the 99 if it will work with the new switch and fit my control panel?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the '99 knob would work on that switch; there are only 2 kinds that I know of. The slider controls like we have, and the later ones that are all the round knobs. I know because I had a hard time finding the knob for my 97. Autozone/advance auto have a pack with a few different sizes in it for about $10, but none would fit on my 97. I bet one would fit on that shaft though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts