Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You can never start the YJ repair training to early!!! Great pics and yes the whole family should be there to help!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
rino liner would have been cheaper and u can just pull the plugs and hose it down today we removed the carpet out of a brand new jk

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Looks nice. +1 on gettin the youngsters in on it.

To each his own. Too many forceful opinions on WF these days.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Warms the heart to see the little ones in on the fun. My wife and I are just starting the mechanicals on our new 89YJ, then its time for "Lipstick & Jewelry".(Thanks for that one jokerchief)I like the black carpet it looks great!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks good! Does it make a pretty big difference as far as noise reduction goes?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I didn't buy mine for the creature comforts! Ha ha. Good to know though.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
mine has line x but am seriously thinking about putting carpet over it, to help with noise and weather ( heat in summer, cold in winter). but i want to be able to pull it all out and hose down still if needed (aka, not glue it down) anyone know of any options i have?

·
Registered
513 Posts
rebelBullDawg325 said:
mine has line x but am seriously thinking about putting carpet over it, to help with noise and weather ( heat in summer, cold in winter). but i want to be able to pull it all out and hose down still if needed (aka, not glue it down) anyone know of any options i have?
I've got Berliner down and also carpet. I pull the carpet during the summer because I also pull the top off. My carpet is about 5-7 pieces that snap together with snap buttons. I do not know anything about the carpet because it came from the PO. Luckily I'm going to install my hard doors and carpet tomorrow afternoon. I can check it out for tags if anyone is interested. Also I wouldn't really say it helps much with noise or "weather" but I do like the feeling of going from soft/no doors, bikini top, no carpet. To full doors, soft top, and carpet. It's like a new jeep! Well,... A new yj.

·
Registered
523 Posts
rebelBullDawg325 said:
You could get stainless steel button snaps from a boat store ans screw one side to the body and the other in the carpet and stainless doesn't rust

·
Registered
54 Posts
Need some advice or a recommendation on a carpet kit. I'd like to have one that covers up where the center console is because I'm installing an ammo box there instead which is smaller than the OEM unit. The OEM carpet has a cutout in that area and the floor show through.

TIA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts