Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 89 yj with a 2.5. Slave cylinder started leaking so I changed the clutch and slave, now I have a very stuttered idle. I just changed the crank pos. sensor and it didn't help. I didn't touch anything else electric. Any ideas??

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I have an 89 yj with a 2.5. Slave cylinder started leaking so I changed the clutch and slave, now I have a very stuttered idle. I just changed the crank pos. sensor and it didn't help. I didn't touch anything else electric. Any ideas??
Look at the basics, plugs, wires, cap and rotor; the miss is more than likely just a coincidence, nothing on a clutch job, short of the crank sensor should have any effect on how it runs and idles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok upon further inspection I have a vacuum line unhooked. If you look at the back of the motor there is 4 vac lines hooked to a vertical manifold of sorts, the bottom line isn't hooked to anything on the other end. When I put my finger over it no more stutter. Can someone look at there's and tell me where the other end hooks to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MS thanks for all your help. I think that line hooks to the 4x4 actuator (I have the posi lok so lines are useless) that's the only place for it to go. Seems to run good now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts