Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
now when u hall a## through mud and water you can suck it right in to the motor and it isnt that cold because it is right by the exaust manifoid you need to make some kind of shield for it and point tward the fender

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's the same one I got

·
Registered
165 Posts
dam# tyler.... way to be a negative nancy.......
Intakes are great for road driving, but make sure your careful about water getting sucked up into it. water lock is not fun. enjoy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
dam# tyler.... way to be a negative nancy.......
Intakes are great for road driving, but make sure your careful about water getting sucked up into it. water lock is not fun. enjoy.
lol good thing the po of my rig had a k&n intake

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whatever l,there some real a-holes on this board this is my little bomb around toy and I wanted to give the 4banger a little help, and I thought some people would like to know a good deal. If I need to go through some deep shit I take my other toy see pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I saw those on ebay last night. The price makes it obviously too good to be true. If I got one it would be to use as a model to make my own from home depot and the plumbing store with an added filter that can be bought as a replacement.

Just out of curiousity, how is the quality of the product? does it end right behind the radiator? or does it go to the passenger side like the high quality ones?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was impressed with the quality,and the 6cly one he sells goes to passenger side this is the 4cly one:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sir. You just butchered your Jeep's main (Water Resistant Lung). Not sure why one would remove a "Snorkle" function form a vehicle that was engineered to crawl through knee high water. Well... it's shiny. +6 for looking cool. -10 for destroying functionality.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well I will keep that in mind if I drive thru a swamp on my way to the store or taking my kid to school or if my wife needs to fjord a river on her way to work, again stated a few post above this jeep is for fun and bombing around, and the open air was to help the 4 cyl...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Heres mine. It came with the jeep when i bought it. I've driven through deep enough water not top of hood deep but deep enough in average trail encounters and the filter has been bone dry. Its a jeep not a high speed submarine its helped alot with get up and go speed and power. People are just jelouse of your chrome tube :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
whatever l,there some real a-holes on this board this is my little bomb around toy and I wanted to give the 4banger a little help, and I thought some people would like to know a good deal. If I need to go through some deep shit I take my other toy see pic.
I envy you...:drool:I sure miss my Waggoneer sometimes :facepalm:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Either way - thanks for finding cheap buys man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts