Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make a new thread for this rather than go between the few that are out there. Fca is making a diesel version of the jeep. The new jeep is going to be a2017 model and will be a jl platform. Yes i do work for fca and am heavily involved in the 8 speed transmission that will be going into it. We are currently producing around 50 transmissions a week for the new jl model and the new versions of the 8 speed for the other rear wheel drives that currently get the 8 speed. I am not sure if our when the diesel will be avaliable in the states but i do know that in July we start building more units daily for them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I decided to make a new thread for this rather than go between the few that are out there. Fca is making a diesel version of the jeep. The new jeep is going to be a2017 model and will be a jl platform. Yes i do work for fca and am heavily involved in the 8 speed transmission that will be going into it. We are currently producing around 50 transmissions a week for the new jl model and the new versions of the 8 speed for the other rear wheel drives that currently get the 8 speed. I am not sure if our when the diesel will be avaliable in the states but i do know that in July we start building more units daily for them.
Is this the 3.0l diesel with 240hp and 420lbs of torque?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ya ok!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I've been more involved in is a 2.0 turbo. But i know we are building 3 different 8 speed transmissions for the wrangler.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
The one I've been more involved in is a 2.0 turbo. But i know we are building 3 different 8 speed transmissions for the wrangler.
Talk to Tony C and get me one to run around with to showcase it. I'll take it to the Overland Expos, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts