Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this yesterday, it's pretty easy but takes some patience to locate them and run the hoses (a lot of tight spots). I did the front first and ran it along the same route only higher and tied it off to the A/C hose.
T-case, this one is a PITA to find and replace. The new hose is shaded red the old has a red line on it. This picture is looking aft under drivers seat right next to the tranny.
IMAG0016001.jpg
I was not able to get all of the old hose out because it is attached between the engine and firewall. I just cut it as short as I could so there wasn't a lot of extra.
This picture shows 2 hoses, the one with out the breather valve is the T-case (I've got to run to the store and get one today).
IMAG0019001.jpg
Where the tail light wiring is there is a void that can be accessed from underneath by pushing up on a foam panel, I ran the hose down through this area and then followed the same route, there is a hole to the tail light bay that the hose fits through so you don't have to run it past the foam panel. I then zip tied it to the tail light wiring at the top so it wouldn't fall back down, then shoved it all back in the hole.
P1000080.jpg
On all the hoses I run them from the top down exactly how I wanted them before removing the old ones. I also added hose clamps to the diff hoses but there is no way I could have got one on the T-case.
P1000079.jpg
IMAG0014001.jpg

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, I used 5/16th carb fuel line, its cheap and heavy duty, I used roughly 12' to 15' for the three hoses.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
thanks for the write up! i might do that this weekend, if the weather holds out. otherwise, tagged for a good spring project!

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Awesome info!
This seems like such an easy weekend thing to do that I'm gong to have to try to do it on the weekend!! :D

Thanks for the pics and information!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I use these for my Diff/Transfer Case Breathers....

PP - breather creepers and work great.

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I saw these on one of your other postsAFTER :banghead::banghead::banghead: I did mine......AWESOME!!!..... Oh well maybe switch to them some day.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

How does this keep the water out? Or is this just a seald belows that expands and contracts with changes in pressure?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i had looked into breathers, but i couldnt figure out what i would need. do you have a part number or know where you got them?
Poly Performance is where I ordered mine. I ordered 4, one for a spare for my off-road kit. Just give them a call to get the correct part number.

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Steering :: Power Steering Accessories :: PSC Vent Bellow - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CNC Brakes, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Pit Bull Tires, R

·
Registered
374 Posts
How does this keep the water out? Or is this just a seald belows that expands and contracts with changes in pressure?
Sealed System. It's an accordion-like plastic container that replace your diff breather hoses to give you a fully sealed system. The accordion can expand and contract to accommodate changes in air pressure inside the diff & transfer case.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Sealed System. It's an accordion-like plastic container that replace your diff breather hoses to give you a fully sealed system. The accordion can expand and contract to accommodate changes in air pressure inside the diff & transfer case.
Thats what I was thinking but never can tell by a picture alone. Looks like another line item on the to do list. Thanks

·
Registered
34,439 Posts
Close for what I did but I used Transmission line.

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is awesome, and I like the price a lot. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

·
Registered
719 Posts
What about running all the lines to the air breather?

·
1,956 Posts
Those creepers are brilliant!
I'm tempted to go with those instead now.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Close for what I did but I used Transmission line.
Looks like you a lot of extra hose in there. Was there a reason?

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Has anyone heard of these blowing off or getting knocked off by mud and stuff?

·
1,956 Posts
That's my only concern with these as opposed to running breather lines upward: How will they wear over time, considering that they might be seeing some bad conditions?

I don't want to install those things then get a nasty shock a few years later when one of the accordion folds in the plasic fails and lets water in.
Those things are mounted "right where the action is" so to speak.

Running lines might be harder by comparison, but I think that over the long haul I'd probably feel better not having to worry about them at all once they are done. I'm that kind of a guy.

-the only thing that would really change me up on this would be a revelation that the creepers use a really good grade of materials and are designed for "Jeep duty".

·
Registered
374 Posts
No issues with them blowing off as I got them clamped down tight and I have gone through water/mud crossings with no issues.

I got the idea from wheeling with a few guys running them on there Toyota pick-ups and 4-runners for years with no issues. Also, I have seen this system used on many ATV's so these breather creepers have been around for many years and tested. The breather fuel lines are just as exposed and I have seen some lines getting torn/tugged off on runs because of branches that you climb over. I think there is just as much risk with fuel line breathers over the breather creepers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts