Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother is wanting to lift her 15" JKU and put 35's on it. I plan on getting the 3.5" Metalcloak lift but am wondering if I get the exhaust spacer that will remove clearance issues with the stock driveshaft? It's a DD that won't see much offroad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
why not just get a 2.5 inch instead? that way u wont have a lot of an arch on the shafts and with the spacers u will be worry free

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I would install a new drive shaft as opposed to installing an exhaust spacer. I've heard plenty of regrets about the exhaust spacer. I've never heard anyone regret their new drive shaft.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not just get a 2.5 inch instead? that way u wont have a lot of an arch on the shafts and with the spacers u will be worry free
That's what I originally looked at but she wanted to sit up taller. Gotta do what she wants

·
Registered
121 Posts
I put an Adams 1310 on when I installed my 3.5" MC Game Changer. I've had it flexed pretty far on both sides in the front and no issues with driveshaft contact. No spacers.

I am following the recommendation and have 4" on bump stop in the front with the factory flares.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
If not going off road no need for either.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
If not going off road no need for either.
What about when she takes her jeep in for an oil change at the dealer? Tech puts jeep on lift and suspension droops and DS boot makes contact with crossover pipe. Burns a hole...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts