Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody purchased the new Dynatrac progrip brakes?

I just went up to 35ish tires and tow a utility trailer and a double jetski trailer and want to upgrade the brakes.

I was going to do the BR6 upgrade, but the Dynatrac system upgrades front and rear without having to bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just put it on mine. Works great with 35"s as good or better than stock. Kit comes with all four rotors new caliper brackets and new pads. Won't work with stock wheels, I assume because of the backspacing. I'm very happy with it.
where do you get replacement pads for this kit? I'm thinking about putting this in but was curious if could buy pads from my local auto parts store (NAPA, auto zone, advanced auto)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since it uses the stock calipers you can use whatever pads are available for a JK.

I know Dynatrac's kit comes with new pads, but I do not see them or the rotors for sale individually.

·
Registered
79 Posts
since the rotors don't seem to be available separately I'm assuming the rotors can be resurfaced or are people just checking pads more frequently as to not damage the rotors?

I really don't want to spend $900 every 2nd or 3rd pad change. I realize it matters on driving style but how much life are in these rotors?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ended up going with the progrip brakes and I'm glad I did. after lifting and 35" tires the stock braking just wasn't cutting it for me. under certain braking conditions the jeep always wanted to pull left when the brakes were applied and the force applied to the brake peddle seemed excessive. after upgrading with the progrip kit braking feels more controlled and the brake peddle feels better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts