Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just spent two days putting all new exhaust on a 97 with 2.5l. Once I got it all put back together I went to start it and it won't do it. It sounds to me like it is not getting flike.Turnz over fine, compression sounds good, never messed with plugs or wires so I'm sure its got spark. I must have checked all connections that I had to disconnect at least a dozen times and they are all correct. I am at a loss here. Does anybody know what I should check and how to check it? What could possibly cause it to not get fuel when that was not a problem before I started this process? All responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, just noticed spelling that got autocorrected. Its not getting fuel, not flike.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If its like my 98 you needed a special tool to disconnect the fuel line. Any chance that got damaged/clogged? Can you check the pressure on the fuel rail?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding naked. There is a possibility that I could have damaged the fuel line I guess. I'll have to check that when I get home tonight. I don't know how to check the pressure on the fuel rail. Do I need a special tool for that as well?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for responding naked. There is a possibility that I could have damaged the fuel line I guess. I'll have to check that when I get home tonight. I don't know how to check the pressure on the fuel rail. Do I need a special tool for that as well?
Yes, there is a tool for that. There is a type of schrader valve on the fuel rail. Perhaps the local autozone could loan you the tool?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts