Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
You will get more noise but no noticeable power gain. Read the numerous exhaust and CAI thread on Pentastar JKs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been wandering the same question. You can youtube different exhaust brand's and her what they sound like. I like the sound of the Gibson & Corsa muffler's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got tired of pinching my exhaust tip after rock crawling so I went with the Dynomax Evo Comp which dumps out on the left side right before the rear axle. Love it...slight drone that sounds nice but not obnoxious.

·
Vendor
441 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put the Dyno Max Dual Outlet on my JK. Not to brand bash but the photos attached are the exhaust after 1 year of use.

Yes I live in the Northeast and we have a lot of salt on the roads in the wintertime but this exhaust literally started peeling like an onion.

Luckily Quadratec stands by their customers and sent me a replacement at no charge. If this one rots out again I am going to ask for credit and replace it with a better system.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I hit my exhaust with a black high heat paint every year. A little extra coating to help ward off the elements and black muffler looks bad ass

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I got tired of pinching my exhaust tip after rock crawling so I went with the Dynomax Evo Comp which dumps out on the left side right before the rear axle. Love it...slight drone that sounds nice but not obnoxious.
So worth it? It's only $180 ... Tempting. I was concerned about 75 mph drone.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just put mine one, hopefully being in FL I won't have any rust issues. Haven't driven it yet, will be shortly. THe only problem I had was that damn tac weld on the stock exhaust! That was a mother to cut and get off, I had an old hacksaw blade and a hammer and just sweated it out. Only paid $104 for the non tipped version. Might add some black tips in the near future...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I just put mine one, hopefully being in FL I won't have any rust issues. Haven't driven it yet, will be shortly. THe only problem I had was that damn tac weld on the stock exhaust! That was a mother to cut and get off, I had an old hacksaw blade and a hammer and just sweated it out. Only paid $104 for the non tipped version. Might add some black tips in the near future...
which one did you install and can you comment on the highway drone, if any?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Personally I'm not hearing a drone. I don't know if people who complain about a drone don't realize once you're on highway you are at a constant speed and rpm usually so the exhaust will not change in time much... Therefore you hear the same sound........

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
wow! hard top or soft top? i was very hesitant to purchase this thinking i would hate the noise at highway speeds. in your video, that is nothing! did you get the Dynomax 39516? which model?

·
Retired Moderator
100,752 Posts
Yes, some of these aftermarket exhaust are stainless, so no rust issues. They also look nice, and will give you some of that throaty sound that we all like, but never as good/deep mellow as the V8s sound....:nonono:

As for MPG/Power increase, well you will find, that it's mainly Placebo...:happyyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts