Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still new to learning this stuff, but my friends dad is a huge Jeep fan (own's two TJ's) and is great at welding, so he taught me how to do this.

I had no clue this was going to be an all day project, i thought we would have been able to fix the driver side floor pan and the rocker panel. But we only had time for the floor pan; which turned out great!!!

Also, i love plasma cutters!! haha
But put holes in the new floor pan after cutting off access metal.
Then we match the holes up to the floor, put silver paint dots in the holes, grinded the paint off and spot welded the pan in. It fit great!
Sorry the pictures are out of order...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm excited to learn how to weld in the new rocker panel. I've done some welding, but never on a body. Always been nervous to try, I'm not sure how to make it smooth so you don't see it when it gets painted.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Turned out nice, your on your way!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turned out nice, your on your way!
Thanks Scooby! I hope to have it done by April 30th for Blessing of the Jeeps. I see you are in Michigan as well, are you going?

And absolutely, it is always good to have a mentor for all types of stuff in life!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I coated everything I could see. When we upgrade the suspension, my buddy's dad is going to put it on a lift and we're going to sand blast the bottom and coat the whole thing. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts