Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to replace my 03s multi function switches bad fog light portion with the in dash switch out of an older TJ. Was wondering if anyone that had done this before could give me a little guidance on what wires need to be ran to which contact on the switch.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I haven’t actually done this but the 12v input wire to the left multifunction switch connector that powers the fog lights is pink/light green. That or some other 12v source would go to the new switch. Then the switched wire at the same connector is white/orange. That wire would have to be attached to the output from the new switch. Wired that way the fogs can be switched on as long as the high beams are not on (same as with the OEM setup).

Now the early fog switch was used to switch a relay, not carry the load (amps) of the lights while the late switch did not switch the relay but had the full load of the lights. That might mean that the early switch will not be rated to carry the load. It might be OK but something to consider. Also the early switch has 4 terminals. 2 for the switching (where the 2 listed above will go) & 1 for lighting it when the regular lights are on & 1 to ground. You will have to sort that out but the 2 center terminals should be the 2 for switching. When wired correctly it will light with the regular lights & the indicator light will come on with the fogs if you add the other 2 wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts