Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello there,

I have recently installed a 2.0 fox adjustable shocks with reservoir. My expectation is to have a softer ride by having them. I see a difference but not that difference that i was looking for. i know the dial can adjust the shocks to give you softer or harder setup. I'm not sure shall i go clock wise or counter clock wise. And also if you have any recommendation for proper fine tuning I would really be appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159286402875402&set=pcb.10159286403270402&type=3&theater.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
The Fox 2.0 is a gas charged shock. Not the softest shock available.
The compression adjustment should help but not sure how much.
As far as direction Rancho's knob turned clockwise stiffens the shock.
Im assuming its the same with yours.

Why dont you turn them all the way in one direction. Drive it then turn all the way in the other direction and drive it. Make final adjustments from there.

What coils do you have btw?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I installed the same shocks this past weekend. I'm running the RK 3.5" X Factor coils with them. I started on the #4 setting but I was looking for a slightly stiffer shock for my coils. Had some body roll during some street driving. As Kjeeper10 said, start on one extreme setting for a while then go to the opposite setting and fine tune from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have those same shocks; been running them for a little over a year. Fox shocks are generally pretty firm, although since they're rebuildable you could have them valved however you want.

For the adjuster knob, just remember, "Lefty loosey, righty tighty"......or in this case, left makes it softer and right makes it firmer.

I have mine set to a 5 on the street and generally 7-9 offroad. The upper end of the spectrum is pretty firm. Test the adjustments and see what you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts