Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered 32,534 for a brand new Commando Green Oscar Mike edition.

Do we think this is a good deal?

This cost is before taxes and fees.

I have never bought a Brand new vehicle I have always been a 2nd owner man but my wife always buys new and wants me to try new this time. I have been lusting over the 2013 Commando Freedom and have found one at this price.

Can I get some input from the owners here on their thoughts of the Freedom Edition... Is it a waste and over priced? Is it worth just to be looking so cool? Should I go with a Sport and just buy upgrades? Or go used Rubicon?

Thank you very much for any input!!

Daniel Stemen

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Used Rubi... But I am biased.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a 13 commando sport and my girlfriend bought a white Oscar mike at the same time. She got a good deal, but depending on the options... that's a great deal. O.m. looks great in commando

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Without an options list, no one can say if it is a good deal or not.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It depends what else is on there... I bought my commando JKU freedom for $33.200 with an auto transmission and tow package. You aren't getting a killer 'last remaining 2013' deal but you're not being overcharged either.

You need to buy based on priorities. I liked the unique look of the freedom, especially the commando green, and love those cool seats inside. It was a no brainer for me. If I were a hardcore offroader then a cheap sport for future modding or a rubi would've been my choice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you this is great input so far.
Here is the exact invoice info that I have.

JKJM74 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4 24,977.00
PGH Commando Green Paint
F7X9 Freedom Edition Cloth/Leather Seats NO CHARGE
DGJ 5-Speed Automatic Transmission 1,001.00
DSA Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle 263.00
ERB 3.6L V6 24-Valve VVT Engine NO CHARGE
MX3 Black 3-Piece Hard Top 797.00
YGE 5 Additional Gallons of Gas 17.00
2TF Customer Preferred Package 2TF
24F Customer Preferred Package 24F 4,984.00
029 DESTINATION CHARGE 995.00

HB100800
MDH # EP PP

Is this what you guys were asking about?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Without an options list, no one can say if it is a good deal or not.
This.

I bought my OM for $31,800 (window sticker was $34,800), but I don't have a premium soft top, heated seats, or the center console outlet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Wrangler 2 door freedom edition in true blue. Dual top, premium top, limited slip, 3.73 gears, heated seats, manual transmission, and side airbags.

Out the door price, tax and title included, 32,495 sale price of 29,995

·
Registered
545 Posts
OM Price

My Oscar/Mike came with:

Customer Prefered Package 24F - $5,600
Max Tow Package - $390
5-Speed Automatic - $1,125
Anti-Spin Rear Diff - $295
Heated Seats - $645
Black 3 Piece Hard Top - $895
Dest Charge - $995

Base Price - $25,695
Total Price $35,640
We paid - $32,250

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not sure what the 5 additional gallons of gas is...My OM came with the same as ahsumtoy. We got ours for $30,500 and that was a few months ago. The 14s are coming out shortly... If you can't get a good deal, at least go with TreadLightly and get the 1% under invoice.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
?? my cg 13 jkur hardtop auto tow package 130 w heated seats and auto tempwas 35k, for that much just get a rubi!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I held out for a model with a 3.73 gear ratio when I looked for a Commando Green JKU. I think it's a very important option if you plan on going to larger tires.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Offer a grand less. Sounds like the one I just bought

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lots of great People here with good attitudes and sound honest advice!! I love it!

I am going to the dealer today and if I can get 35k out door with tax license and all, then I'll take it. If I do ill update with pics later this afternoon.

As for waving I hope my arm doesn't fall off I've been in the Street Bike wave and the GTO wave club for a while now. I'm excited to have my own rig with wave rights included.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can you get a Oscar Mike with a hard top?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a jeep Wrangler Unlimited, got the decals and the badges off of Ebay for less than $150 all in. Oscar Miked mine up on the first day. If your not afraid to apply your own decals. I get lots of comments on it. The only OM items I dont have are a few inside trim packages, which I plan on picking up from Mopar, and the stars on the seats, which frankly doesnt bother me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts