Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys have a chance to trade my 1996 ford ranger for this 1994 jeep wrangler YJ, it has 134k on it. 33" tires, soft top, hard top, winter doors, half doors, and it comes with a 3" rough country body lift not installed yet. body is great. frame is great accept a bolt rusted out near/on skid plate. but he reinforced it. its inspectable and inspected.

what do u guys think???

here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah sounds like a good deal. Especially with having both tops. The mileage is really not that bad for a 94. I have a 93 with the same miles on it and I love it. Mine was white like the one your looking at but did some body work to it and now it's black. I also have a 3" body lift. I suggest not putting that on. Just go get a suspension lift. You would be happy with a 4.5" on 33 I'm sure. The guy who had mine before me put the body lift on and I have not takin it off yet because I'm not ready to run into any potential issues by taking it off. But yjs are great I live them. They are so simple

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yours looks good. this one i am looking at has the straight six. what do you guys think that jeep gets for mpg's??? whats size of gas tank???

the main thing i am worried about is the bolt that rusted out of the skid plate. he did fix it, and it is inspectable, and was inspected in august???

·
Registered
180 Posts
the gas mileage is not great , will not be as good as that truck and the gas tank is only 15 gal. but can be modified to 20 pretty easily. if it was me i would trade it , but then again i already have one and love it. Why does he want to trade though ? anything wrong with it>

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah, i dont think you'll regret it... unless your really in to rangers but that doesnt sound likely. I think you'll find having a jeep is not only cooler but its a way of life

·
Registered
541 Posts
Straight up trade? Go for it. The multiple tops would be the kicker for me.. I've only got a soft top and bikini top for mine.. Really want a hard top but they carry a high price tag.

·
Registered
647 Posts
with that setup, if its a 5 speed with the 6 i'd say 15-17 on the highway, 13-15 in the city. and you probably have the 20 gallon, they usually came with the 6. the 15 gallon tube was usually on the 4's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 94 only has a 15 gallon tank. i get around 16 miles to the gallon with basically the same setup as the one you are looking at. I would definitely do the trade. Before i bought my Jeep about 2 months ago i was debating between it and a Ranger. Got the jeep and loving life.

·
Registered
483 Posts
trade asap but put the old tiers back on the ranger and then sell the body lift do a 1 in body and a 1in shackel i figere the ranger is worth about 2000 and the jeep 4000 also see is he will let u take it home before you settel up check all the fluids make sure the t case ,trany shift well may be do a compression test

1 - 18 of 18 Posts