Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey look! Another 35 that is C rated! The KO2 is really popular for that very reason, but now we have another MT to choose in this very popular and very desirable size and load rating. It also just happens to be the OEM size and tire for the Sasquatch package on the new Bronco. :LOL:

Let's welcome this bad boy with open arms! I've seen it and it doesn't look too bad. The tread voids are more R/T than MT in my opinion. But that might make it more desirable for some people. Lots of sipes so it should handle rain, etc pretty well.

Tirerack shows them in stock $302....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Interesting. I’m curious to see how this compares to the MT/R which is my favorite tire, as I’m not a fan of AT tires.

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
You will note that in the photo it does not have the name "Wrangler" on it. Ford made a special purchase of tires with "special" sidewalls that say Goodyear twice instead of Goodyear Wrangler. The retail market tires will all say Goodyear Wrangler. (check the photo on the Goodyear site).

BTW the Goodyear site lists the LT285/70R17s in LR C at $268. Of course that does not include mounting, balancing and taxes.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Well based on the feedback I have heard about the Bronco this is a very loud tire.

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Right now it's available in three sizes - LT285/70R17, LT315/70R17 and LT265/60R20.

·
Super Moderator
16,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious about their mud performance because the tread doesn't look too aggressive.
I agree, it looks more like an RT than an MT...

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
RT? It looks more like an strong A/T, not totally unlike the Duratrac. They have discontinued some Duratracs, including the ones on my TJ which are LR C, now if I replace one, the only thing available is LR E.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
RT? It looks more like an strong A/T, not totally unlike the Duratrac. They have discontinued some Duratracs, including the ones on my TJ which are LR C, now if I replace one, the only thing available is LR E.
Rugged Terrain, when it becomes official is anyone's guess. These are the hybrid tires, more than a A/T but not truly a M/T.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
That's a good description for them as IMHO, the AT designation has been used too often on tires that are just slightly better than street tires. A good example is the "AT" Bridgestone tires that came on my '15 Sahara.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I think these Duratracs are more aggressive then the Territories posted above. The old design Territories were more aggressive then this new design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts