Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all this is about the worst addiction I have ever had. I got a fantastic deal on 1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2500, completely overhauled motor, rhinoline, re-sealed, transmission excellent, new paint job, new tires, new top, just perfect. Since then my great deal has cost me a small fortune. ;-) Bumpers, side bars, I am looking at a lift kit but the short term goal is a set of after market rims for my 91 wrangler. I have no idea what the lingo means. I believe I need the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, I have new tires that are 31x10.5x17, these are on the factory rims 15x7 rims. Do I need the 5 x 4.5 or the 5x 5.5?
thanks
Doc

·
Registered
925 Posts
First of all this is about the worst addiction I have ever had. I got a fantastic deal on 1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2500, completely overhauled motor, rhinoline, re-sealed, transmission excellent, new paint job, new tires, new top, just perfect. Since then my great deal has cost me a small fortune. ;-) Bumpers, side bars, I am looking at a lift kit but the short term goal is a set of after market rims for my 91 wrangler. I have no idea what the lingo means. I believe I need the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, I have new tires that are 31x10.5x17, these are on the factory rims 15x7 rims. Do I need the 5 x 4.5 or the 5x 5.5?
thanks
Doc
you need the 5 x 4.5.... only i think a certain cj and the new jk's have 5 x 5.5, but don't quote me on that. but i do know you need the 5 x 4.5

oh, and welcome to the forum... you gotta try and get some pics up for us when you get a chance!

·
Registered
925 Posts
nico's right... wait, how do you have 17" rimmed tires on a 15" rim? did you mean the tires are rimmed 15" as well?

·
Registered
59 Posts
TECH UPDATE!!!! the new JK has a 5x5 bolt pattern, the CJ has a 5x5.5 and the YJ has 5x4.5........that is all. (assuming you still have stock axles)

And a good rule of thumb on wheels is to keep the wheel under half of the total height of the tire. i.e. dont want a 17" wheel on a 31" tire, save the money and just get 15's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts