Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to jeeps but not the offroad world. My dad just bought a blown up yj for my sister, and he wants me to make it look like a sweet trail rig. just rebuilt the motor and replaiced about everything we could under the hood. Its a 4cyl auto stock everything. Its curently in the body shop getting some new paint and all the dents fixed. Also getting the int sprayed with bedliner to make for easy cleaning.

First question ive got some 33's for it will it be ok on the stock gearing? if not what should i be looking at?

Second i want it to look good on 33's will a SOA be to much lift, or should i go with a 4" lift kit? ive got all the tools and knowledge to do a SOA but ive mostly seen them with tires over 35s.

this is the jeep when we bought it, dont worry alredy got some new bumpers for it.

If anyone has pics of an SOA on 33s fell free to post, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think it will caus any dammage if i run it on stock gears for a month or so?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have stock gears with 31" tires and a 4 cyl. with a 5 spd, it is a real dog. I'm going to replace the gears in about a week to 4.56s. I'll let you know how they perform.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have stock gears with 31" tires and a 4 cyl. with a 5 spd, it is a real dog. I'm going to replace the gears in about a week to 4.56s. I'll let you know how they perform.
IF you ever plan to get bigger tires than 31s I'd go straight to 4.88

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Is your sister doing any work on it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is your sister doing any work on it?
haha no way, she knows how to wash a car, put wiper fluid and gas in it. I decided to go with a 4.5" lift kit to fit the 33s. I graduate college end of next week so ill be back home around then. then the lift goes on and so do the tires.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I love the deer catcher front bumper... reminds me of those road trains in the outback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts