Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
i'm new to the forum, been out of jeepin for a couple years, just got a JKUR and am thinking of selling my 2kTJ but wanted to see if you guys could help me with the ARB issue I have before I sell it..

so the ARB locks and unlocks but my compressor don't air up or kick on. I tried a new relay and another power source. but I think I put a draw on the batt cuz I went out today and the TJ I dead....

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Sounds like a bad compressor, use a test light or meter to see if the compressor is getting power, if so, that's your problem, if not, start tracking wire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, compressor works, soon as I put cables on it to jump it, it filled up. what do I need to check, the release valve, or a switch ?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Likely the switch or fuse, and a friend who knows how to troubleshoot very simple electrical circuits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it loads up and the locker works but the compressor don't release pressure when I shut it down. think Ill lube the thing and see if its just stuck.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
I'm really confused. First you said you had to jump it to make the compressor work, now you say it works but it doesn't release pressure when you turn the locker off. :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry,
what I meant was, I noticed the compressor didn't seem to work, so I hooked it to another aux port, the next day I went to trouble shot it and the battery was dead. so I must have messed something up or caused a draw. todat, I jumped it to get it started and as I did, the compressor started up. but it still don't release the air when I shut off the locker...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts