Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler, and a RP4 CHY11 wiring harness trying to connect a AVH 2700bs head unit. I am now on my second harness Pac-Audio RP4-CHY11. I do not get 12 volts of dc to the acc wire. I have tested it and fuses with a multimeter. The Pac-Audio support explained to me to unhook battery and then connect harness which I have done and still nothing. I checked the Amplifier fuse under the hood as well the inline fuse on the harness. At this point I have unhooked the stereo and have been trying to get 12 volts to the red acc wire.. Am I missing something or do I just have that bad of luck to receive 2 bad harnesses from PAC-Audio so far?

Also is there a way for me to test the head unit with out hooking it thru the harness just to see if it turns on? I do not have a 12 volt battery laying around should I buy 1 just to test stereo? I am running out of time on the return policy for the head unit and need to know if it works.

·
Registered
158 Posts
from the radio harness
take your red and yellow wires to the positive on battery and then black to ground. This will turn the radio on.
I would say its prob your radio. Odds of having two bad PAC harness's sent to you is slim to none. I hardly ever have a bad PAC harness specifically the radio pro series.

Also check your ground. If its not grounded you wont have power either...
I assume your connecting the black of the radio to the black in the rp4 correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts