Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought was neat feature. Picked up the new JVC 810 with iPhone controller for the TJ. the illumination is 256 color and u can set buttons and screen separate. So I have the buttons lit in white to match the TJ gauges and the main screen lights up the same blue green as the AC controls. Neat sry the pic quality is poor. My iPhone doesn't take the best pics at 70mph at night

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
errrrm, okay...
mine doesnt even have a radio, it was stolen before I bought the Jeep. A friend of mine gave me a Honda radio, Im trying get get it work.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hey that's cool!
I tried to find a stereo that had display colors AND features I wanted. I ended up settling for a black & white display.:9lame:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say still have this headunit and it is really awesome. Plays just about any format disk u burn. It has two USB inputs, one front one rear. Bluetooth, remote, built in eq, built in crossovers, etc etc etc PLUS it lights up to match our dash lights and u can alternate the lighting to knobs or screen or same on all.. its just full of features, sounds really good, has good noise protection, and works even better with my new Motorola ATRIX 4G phone better than it did with my iPhone.
You get in crank Jeep and it auto links to phone and instantly plays music from my phone, displays phone numbers of incoming calls, hands free calling that plays thru Jeeps stereo, plays play by play voice directions from my phones built in GPS..... I mean for $200 this is the most complex and dead reliable head unit I have ever owned. And I have NEVER owned a JVC before or been a big fan.. very nice unit for the money.

·
Jeeper
1,282 Posts
Bfytw, I have the Atrix as well. Are you using the car dock to hook it up? My next step is getting a radio that I can hook the phone up to. I love this frekin phone, it blows my old iPhone out of the water!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SirGeorgeKillian said:
Bfytw, I have the Atrix as well. Are you using the car dock to hook it up? My next step is getting a radio that I can hook the phone up to. I love this frekin phone, it blows my old iPhone out of the water!
No I mostly use it via Bluetooth and it functions flawless. Even from outside the Jeep 50 feet away I can change songs, turn volume up and down, etc. But if Im getting low on charge I can use the USB cable from the charger and plug it in to the headunit (my rear port is stubbed into my glovebox) and it will charge my atrix and play as a flashdrive. No doubt on the atrix. My wife has an iPhone 4 and she wants mine. Apple can blow me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts