Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace them headlight reflectors. I am very happy with the new bulbs, but the headlights are still subpar to my last car (11Subaru Outback.)

So what do you recommend using existing bulbs?

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Factory headlight housing has a narrow concentrated beam on lowbeam with a sharp cut off both upper and lower. If they are aimed properly and have a decent bulb they work just fine.

People just don't realize the headlights need to be aimed when you change tire sizes, and add lifts. Most dealer don't check headlight aim in their PDI either so I suggest everyone that has headlight issues check their aim before you complain. A friend of mine builds headlights for other vehicles using the factory Jeep headlights.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I don't care how well you aim the JK headlights they suck compared to a sealed beam light. Bulbs are a waste of money IMO, they give you a little bit brighter light but they don't give you any more spread or distance. If you want to improve your lights, get a good sealed beam replacement.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
The measured output on the stock housings/lamp is low... Aiming might make them better, but it's still unacceptable. A prune is never going to be a peach...

If you have an upgraded H13 bulb, you will need to replace that too. Use a quality H4 housing and lamp. You will also need an H13 to H4 adapter. This is a very common set up on out Jeeps.

You can choose from the Cibie housing or the Hella housing. The Cibie is known to have a little better low beam pattern and the Hella has a better high beam.

http://www.amazon.com/Cibie-082440-Light-Unit/dp/B008DQV88Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446588759&sr=8-1&keywords=cibie+7

AMAZON

AMAZON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts