Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am completely lost when it comes to getting new headlights and what I need to buy. I have a bulb blown and a closed housing so I'm thinkin about upgrading to new HID's for brighter, safer, and easier to replace headlights. I don't know what"conversion kit" or housing to buy for it or what the 6k and all that means. All I know is I want blue HID's. Help please?
2004 tj x series with stock headlights.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I Am completely lost when it comes to getting new headlights and what I need to buy. I have a bulb blown and a closed housing so I'm thinkin about upgrading to new HID's for brighter, safer, and easier to replace headlights. I don't know what"conversion kit" or housing to buy for it or what the 6k and all that means. All I know is I want blue HID's. Help please? 2004 tj x series with stock headlights.
I would go with truck lights.
They are probably one of the best light upgrades in the market.
I wouldn't even consider blue hid's.
Those are hideous on every vehicle let alone a jeep.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
HID bulbs in a reflector housing will definitely not be an upgrade. You will get less light output actually and you'll blind traffic in front of you. Some people like the blue but I personally think it looks like the owner doesn't know anything about lights and spent $35 on cheap stuff. If you want HIDs do a projector retrofit, else I'd recommend brighter halogen bulbs or LEDs. Trucklites are sub$300 I think. Just depends on your budget. Just please don't put HIDs in a reflector housing :deadhorse: here's what my projectors look like. If you're good with your hands you can build your own like I did for relatively cheap. I think I paid $380 in parts, and it took about 12 hrs to build. Plug and play kits are $550-650.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts