Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if its just because im taking different rout to work but ever since they replaced the head with the ac version it appears my mpg has dropped.

im around 15.2 now with mostley local driving instead of 16.5 area.

anyone else seem to notice a difference?

someone thought they may have richened the mix to run cooler .

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I often wondered if "winter" belnd gasoline results in reduced mpg?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Winter blend is awful. We started getting it here a week or two ago and my mileage is instantly down significantly.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
yeah my mileage has dropped 1-2 mpg since the winter blends hit.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Probably more of an impact than the summer vs. winter gasoline is the density of the air itself. In the summer months the air is thinner, less dense, and much easier to push this large (and probably lifted) square brick down the road. Now drop the temperature 40-80 degrees depending on where you are located and there is much more resistance from the much denser air trying to push this brick through.

Mike.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Probably more of an impact than the summer vs. winter gasoline is the density of the air itself. In the summer months the air is thinner, less dense, and much easier to push this large (and probably lifted) square brick down the road. Now drop the temperature 40-80 degrees depending on where you are located and there is much more resistance from the much denser air trying to push this brick through.

Mike.
^^^ This is very true. And it's noticeable from behind the wheel too. I hate driving on a windy, cold, winter day. It feels like I've got a parachute tied to the hitch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts