Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new here. i have a 94 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5l and a 5 spd. I was driving the other day and my vehicle started smoking. So i pulled off the road and seen that there was trans fluid all over the underneath of it. i managed to drive it home with no problems. the next morning i left for work and got half way there and the transmission started making noise. i had it towed home and let it sit for a couple hours. with the trans in neutral and clutch pushed in there is no noise, i let out on the clutch slowly until its almost all the way out and it feels like something is grinding and broke. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and reverse are the same way. when tried in 4th there is no noise and acts normal.
im stumped on what it could be. i thought it might be the input shaft but after trying to take off in 4th without a noise i knew that wasnt the problem. now im wondering if it isnt something with the counter shaft.
any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
My Nissan Hardbody made grinding noise in R, 1, 2, 3, 5. 4th was whisper quiet.

I sold it to to a friend of a friend when I found a great deal on my current Wrangler. Anyways he got the transmission fixed and it turned out to be the Countershaft Bearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts