Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm a long-time 'car guy', but this is my first venture into the world of Jeep.
I'm buying one for several reasons. One of the big reasons is that I need something to take hunting and shooting (or should have said, "huntin' and shootin". My Audi, while AWD, isn't exactly cut out for it.

Started off with the idea that I'd get a Sport S, but this Sahara at a local dealer caught my eye. It's very good looking.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4BJWEG1DL526799

The only issues I have with it are:

1) No 3.73 rear end.
2) I'm not sure I like the 430N... I'd actually prefer the 130 with Connectivity group, and/or swap that for aftermarket. However, the idea of using the LockPick thing seems to make it more tolerable. I hope the BT streaming is decent... I've read that it's improved now and that's real important to me.
3) I'm not sure I want to pay for the painted hard top, but it sure looks nice.

Am I off base for expecting it sold to me at invoice (they can make money on the hold back)?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
If your using the Jeep more for a recreational thing then I would buy a stripped down version, sport or sport s, and build it the way you want. No sense in paying for the creature comforts of a Sahara if your just going to dipose of the hard top, wheels, ect.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The dealers have a bunch of factory money on Wranglers. My '13 Rubicon was $4,500 off sticker, thats quite a bit behind invoice.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This will be a daily driver, so creature comforts are a good thing. :) And then it will be used for utility as well.

Thanks for the advice sahara13.

Silverton, are you sure there's factory money in them now? The dealer is saying there isn't.
I just hit edmunds.com and the only incentive they list is a military $500 cash back for service members.

·
The Bad Guy
23,255 Posts
www.treadlightly.org Join and get Chrysler Affiliate pricing which is 1% below invoice. Looking at how much someone got off the sticker price is meaningless.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Houston has some very high volume dealers that are usually willing to do some serious discounting. I factory ordered my 2013; I didn't buy it off of their lot, so that might come into play determining how much you will pay compared to invoice. Helfman River Oaks and Finnegan Jeep (Rosenberg) were both willing to go significantly below invoice on a sold factory order because that gives them an extra jeep to sell on top of their normal allocation. I just posted this info in a different thread. Hope it helps.

Model: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door (Base Sport, not Sport S)
Options: 24B Package, Automatic Transmission, Air Conditioning, 3.73 gear ratio, Connectivity Group
MSRP: $25,990
Invoice: $25,079
Purchase price: $23,400.01
Any discounts used: Chrysler Affiliate Rewards (Tread Lightly)
Final price with tax title and license: $25,170.76

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'm not knocking the Sahara, but just make sure you're cool with painted flares... To me, the Sahara looks like a Patriot or Liberty... I would prefer the Sport or the Rubicon...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great info. Thanks guys. I'll push for this one at invoice at least... joining tread lightly is another $350+, but I have to be a member 30 days. I may just use it as a carrot to get under invoice by at least that amount if they want to sell to me now.

As for the painted flares, that is a minor concern, but they look great and it helps sell the idea to my wife. :)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Yeah....you can get by with 3.21's on an auto as a DD if you don't plan on doing much modding, but you would probably be better off with 3.73's, especially since you are looking at a heavier 4 door.

Before you join Tread Lightly, check with your employer to see if they are already members of the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Progam. If you use the AR program, remember, the dealer can't charge you MORE than 1% below invoice. There is nothign stopping you from getting down to 4% below invoice (or more....especially as 2012 draws to a close).

·
Registered
297 Posts
I went with a 2013 Sahara and ended up loving it. Awesome Jeep. In the DFW area, I was able to get down to about 2.25% below invoice in late October. Interestingly, dealers were willing to offer a better deal on 2013 models than on 2012 models. Could not understand why they didn't want to deal more aggressively on 2012 models sitting there. It ended up being that dealer's loss because went to the next Jeep dealer down the road bit and was driving home my new Jeep just 2 hours later.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have decided to pass on this specific one. I'm going to join Tread Lightly, then find a car or order a car spec'd exactly like I'd want... which is essentially this car with a 3.73 rear end in addition.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have decided to pass on this specific one. I'm going to join Tread Lightly, then find a car or order a car spec'd exactly like I'd want... which is essentially this car with a 3.73 rear end in addition.
Good move! If you decide to order, I recommend contacting Mark Gusman, internet sales manager at Helfman River Oaks. He ordered mine for me and it was a painless experience, minus the obvious wait for it to be built.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm a long-time 'car guy', but this is my first venture into the world of Jeep.
I'm buying one for several reasons. One of the big reasons is that I need something to take hunting and shooting (or should have said, "huntin' and shootin". My Audi, while AWD, isn't exactly cut out for it.
I suppose pulling into a hunt camp full of pickup trucks with and Audi would lower your hunter's cred a little bit but I would like to see picture of it. Just make sure you are wearing the latest in LL Bean.

Welcome to our little world. Buy your first Jeep and you will own one for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good move! If you decide to order, I recommend contacting Mark Gusman, internet sales manager at Helfman River Oaks. He ordered mine for me and it was a painless experience, minus the obvious wait for it to be built.
Thanks Sasquatch. (Promise I won't mess with ya... love those ads lol)

What is the typical build time assuming there isn't one already on its way in a build I'd want?

I suppose pulling into a hunt camp full of pickup trucks with and Audi would lower your hunter's cred a little bit but I would like to see picture of it. Just make sure you are wearing the latest in LL Bean.

Welcome to our little world. Buy your first Jeep and you will own one for the rest of your life.
Thanks for the welcome. :thumb:

My Audi (it's a 2012 S4) often sits on the nearest road and I jump in the truck of a buddy unless it's a very dry day and a pretty well groomed road. :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just received a large marketing pkg from Jeep about the new $1,000 rebate on all Jeeps / all years. Figures it is after I already purchased. It could very well be a targeted rebate and not available to everyone, don't know.

My '13 was discounted 12.5% off msrp. It was more but that was the percentage after their doc fee was added on. Sounded like dealer cash must be $1,500 right now. Sure would have liked to use this new $1k rebate also.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Join USAA. Build the Jeep you want and wait. I had 3 different dealers calling me within a couple hours. One of them was $1000 under the USAA price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts