Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, I just recently purchased a 2000 TJ with 100k on the clock...i love wranglers and always have, just hard to find a good one, they seem to hold their value really well. The cheap ones are beaten to sh!ts...

I'm very particular and do not like imperfections, this TJ has a strong motor, trans shifts perfect, no rust on the under carriage, however, there are crows feet all over the paint, and clear coat peeling...first order of business was to paint...

Day of Purchase

Today at the shop, after putting the doors and hood back on...i also painted my mirrors to match the color too..btw this top is being trashed so we used it to mask the interior.

Things i have at the house to be installed this weekend..

New Soft Top from Quadratec
New Brush Guard
New locking gas cap thingie
Clear turn signals

What I have planned

15" Alcoa Polished wheels from the RME/Tomb Raider edition wranglers
32" tires
Bushwacker flares
2" lift

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Nice job on the paint looks good! you do it yourself? and welcome to the forums!!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't paint it myself with rattle can if that's what you're asking, a body shop did it. The color is a deep black with blue pearl, looks awesome when the sun hits it, or else it's just black.

I had the toughest time removing the fenders, took me over an hour for what should be a 5 minute job if i had clearance and un stripped bolts...i almost gave up and ripped them off, but then i didn't want to damage the body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts