Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Ordered these Hood Latches off of Amazon. Looked pretty nice in the pictures, however, when I got them and looked them over, they are so poorly manufactured with no QA at all. I am actually shocked. There were 402 4.5 star reviews. Something smells here. After looking into this further, I noticed different sellers w/ different brands that all look the same as this one for different prices. I smell cheap chinese parts here...

https://www.amazon.com/RT-TCZ-Stain...01Q5ZAF8FWQ&psc=1&refRID=S1A6X6QKS01Q5ZAF8FWQ

Can someone recommend some nice hood latches that are well made?
I have a 2016 JKU Rubicon (Red).

Can't rely on online pictures....

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rugged Ridge latches
Rugged Ridge 11210.17 Textured Black Aluminum Hood Catch Set

You can probably save 10-20% thru a vendor on here and get em for $80

·
Registered
300 Posts
Those Amazon ones are LIKELY ones from one of those “free stuff in exchange for reviews” Facebook groups and websites. Very sketchy.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I got the Drake Offroad hood latches from Quadratec, and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rugged Ridge latches
Rugged Ridge 11210.17 Textured Black Aluminum Hood Catch Set

You can probably save 10-20% thru a vendor on here and get em for $80
I also have the Rugged Ridge latches. Very well made, look good, and function as they're supposed to.

·
Premium Member
9,590 Posts
Yep those latches suck, I could not even get them to fit properly. I ended up going with Drake off road latches. IMO they are great.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you order the actual Rugged Ridge latches from Amazon you’ll get a quality product that works well.

If you order the cheaper Chinese lookalikes well...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ditto. I used the Rugged Ridge latches and love them.

Yeah, those things are really attractive and sexy. I tried posting for some vendor quotes but both vendors just quoted me SRP with no discount. I need somebody to throw me a bone here.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Buy Chinesseum and take your chances. I went with the actual Mopar JL hood latches from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts