Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im getting tired of ppl pulling out in front of me and then i have to get right up on their bumper so they'll go on! even though i cant really do anything about the other drivers i just thought i would scare the crap out of them lol. i wanted a louder horn but dont wanna spend alot of $ and i found this one: http://www.amazon.com/Wolo-Model-419-Black-Design/dp/B000F5DQWY/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1325043078&sr=1-1 . Does anyone have this horn and is it louder than the stock? it claims to be 118 db

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'd like to see more on this. My jeep's horn is pretty weak.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,659 Posts
Mudslinger,
I have that exact horn on my Jeep...it is much louder than stock and is GREAT for when dumbasses pull out in front of me. When I hit the horn, I can watch the people in front of me jump and swing around to look at who just honked at them. I have mine wired up to my stock horn wiring and mounted to my stock horn bracket at kind of a funky angle. I did have to bend the bracket a little and I think I drilled a new hole to bolt it on, but the install was cake. I'd recommend it...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mudslinger,
I have that exact horn on my Jeep...it is much louder than stock and is GREAT for when dumbasses pull out in front of me. When I hit the horn, I can watch the people in front of me jump and swing around to look at who just honked at them. I have mine wired up to my stock horn wiring and mounted to my stock horn bracket at kind of a funky angle. I did have to bend the bracket a little and I think I drilled a new hole to bolt it on, but the install was cake. I'd recommend it...
So i got the horn :) 419 model to be exact. is that the same model you have? How did you wire yours up? Im having a problem with mine because the factory connectors wont reach the terminals on the new horn because they are too bulky and wont fit inside the little plastic housing thats around the terminals.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a cheap air horn kit from ebay a week ago from today. Still haven't gotten it but ill let you guys know how it works once i do. Its rated at 136db and comes with a 4x6 12v compressor, 2 horns and the mounting hardware/wires. All for $23-free shipping. Even if it dies suck im not out much. But its gonna be just for fun. Hopefully itll be super loud cus my dirtbike is a little under 100db and you can hear that thing from half a mile away and it hurts your ears if youre right behind it. Im actually pretty excited for this thing...hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts