Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a window kit new in the Chrysler box that I'm having trouble finding the correct application for. It has a part # 1HE38SX9AA and came in a new Jeep but was never used. I acquired it when the renter moved out of my shop and left it behind. A friend that needs a window kit, held one of the quarter windows up to his 2005 Jeep Wrangler and it was about 10 inches longer than his opening. I called the local Jeep dealer and the parts man couldn't find anything on the part number. The description on the box says "dual top window kit" and manufactured 9-18-06. It is black with clear vinyl windows. There are 3 pieces in the box. Any help would be appreciated. I can try to post pictures if that would help. Clint

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Maybe a top for an Unlimited?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Oops. Meant to say "windows" instead of "top".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this: 2005 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Black Soft Top Clear Window Set | eBay

I wonder if your friend grabbed the back window by mistake, or possibly, he doesn't have an OEM soft top. Anyway, e-bay was the only place I could find that part number.
That is my kit. I got my information off of another ebay auction and discovered his information was wrong when the ebay buyer said it didn't fit his Jeep and it was way too long. My friend confirmed it wasn't right for the 2005 or 2006 models. By the date on the box Sept 2006 I'm pretty sure its for a 2007 and up and evidently is for a longer body. I thought someone may have one in the box to confirm what the part # fits before I offer it up for sale again. Thanks Clint

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ok. Well, the only thing I can suggest is to take it to a jeep dealer and see if they can help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts