Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the arctic chill has reached Northern Virginia, I'm experiencing some minor issues. My steering is squawking from the firewall area with every turn and the heat doesn't seem to be what it used to be. Any suggestions? Do the cowling scoops really work?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you look under the dash by the pedals, there is a rubber bushing where the steering column comes through the firewall. Spray in that with white lithium grease and turn the wheel around to lubricate it. Mine did the same thing as soon as it started getting below freezing. I did this, and it's been completely silent since.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, worked great and its quiet, except for my chattering teeth. Any hints on getting more heat? or is it a Jeep thing...

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Thanks, worked great and its quiet, except for my chattering teeth. Any hints on getting more heat? or is it a Jeep thing...
I put heated seat covers in mine

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
No, compared to some ragtops I've driven, they're not too bad. You could try blocking part of the radiator with cardboard, that can help quite a bit. If are running a lower temp thermostat than 210 you could switch to a higher temp one. Other than that stocking cap, gloves, and a really warm coat are the way to go :rolleyes:

Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Is your heater core possibly clogged? I know my 2004 gets me pretty comfortable after the engine hits 210.

No kidding about the Arctic chill. I just wish there was some snow to go with it. Where in NoVa are you at? I'm in western loudoun :wavey:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ft Belvoir but grew up in Herndon. 4 years in San Antonio made me soft when it comes to the cold...

I was thinking maybe the heater core was clogged, but in moderate temps it blows plenty hot. Maybe a rad flush won't hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts