Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I like it, as long as it comes with a diesel engine.....

edit...get rid of the soft top roof

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Rear looks good. Front... not so much.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Agreed - the back is great, the front is fugly! Clearly not built for anything even mild duty let alone heavy duty or off road.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I think it is kind of cool. If I was back in my twenties again when all I had to worry about was me it would be great to cruise around in. It's a convertible, it's a truck, I could have thrown my mountain bike in the back and buggered off to the mountains to ride. Win win. Sadly, when you get older two seater rides become useless as you are required to shuttle around ageing parents and grandparents.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
I also don't understand that this is the new Jeep Commanche, which implies that this is the new model that's going on sale soon.

Its just a concept.
Agreed. I prefer this instead, minus the wheels. I was told by my dealer that the new Jeep truck will be an 18 model (late 17). and will be based off the new Wrangler redesign.

Edit again: Also will be a 2 door only. if sales do good, a possible 4-door later on (future).

Car and Driver

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed. I prefer this instead, minus the wheels. I was told by my dealer that the new Jeep truck will be an 18 model (late 17). and will be based off the new Wrangler redesign.

Edit again: Also will be a 2 door only. if sales do good, a possible 4-door later on (future).

Car and Driver
If jeep wont make this the aftermarket needs to get on this stat! because I would rock the S out of that front end!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Agreed. I prefer this instead, minus the wheels. I was told by my dealer that the new Jeep truck will be an 18 model (late 17). and will be based off the new Wrangler redesign. Edit again: Also will be a 2 door only. if sales do good, a possible 4-door later on (future). Car and Driver
Now that's a hot truck! :drool:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

Car and Driver
Agree of the prefer, but the front just doesn't work for me. Looks too small or just off. Close though. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
what does a Commanche have to do with JK's?

·
Registered
387 Posts
This just goes to tell how large Renegade actually is. Although compared to trucks it's not enormous, and they had to extend Renegade wheelbase to put a box on it that didn't look comical, it's plenty wide. I hoped for a Jeep CUV in the class of Mazda CX-3, but Renegade is not Panda at all.

A little truck like that may make some sense, but in the U.S. market it's not likely to find acceptance. It needs to have 4 doors and become even longer. Once you do that, there's very little advantage over the big and capable trucks.

Honda sell an FWD truck if someone wants one. It is full-size scaled.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts