Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed they modified the vet discount to include anyone who has served and was honorably discharged which would be me. I ordered a jeep and haven't gotten it yet. Would I be able to tack on this discount now and have it apply when the vehicle gets here? We are already getting TL discount and school discount. The salesman said the jeep would have to show my wife's name first because she is the student-not sure why it should matter if it is listed as "or"

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
If the jeep is in both of your names then I'd think you could do it. But you'd have to ask.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It will work. As long as the date of Vets discount is through the time until you take delivery. In other words, if it runs out 5/31/14 and you take it in June, you are probably out of luck. And... it shouldn't matter who is first or second when it comes to incentives, as long as they are there somewhere.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
The part of the "fine print" for the Military Discount that I think you're looking for, is...
The vehicle must be registered in either the name of the eligible consumer or in the name of an immediate family member living in the same household with proof of address (valid driver’s license or state identification card required).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just noticed that it says I must take delivery by January 15, 2015 and seeing how my jeep is in "Final Inspection" I might be OK. Then again, the letter that you print out has a date from now till June 2 so I don't know. Still, I think I might go in and see my salesman tomorrow - maybe I need to have the purchase agreement updated?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I run the sales department at a dealership...they will make it work. It doesn't cost the dealer money, so they should have no problem doing it. Talk to a sales manager, though. Cut out the middle man.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The salesman said no way-it want be here in time. Now I am thinking about seeing if I can find something on someone else's lot that is close to what I want just so I can get the discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts