Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2008 jeep wrangler last october and I am heading to Jeep Beach in a few days and wanted to take the doors off. I got the T50 bit and started to pull them off today and noticed that there isn't a nut there. I reviewed pictures on line and can tell that it looks like they are all just missing. I tried to lift the door but it was not budging.

I am sure I can buy nuts online somewhere, but what is the best way to get the doors off without damaging them?

·
Premium Member
9,593 Posts
First spray the bolts with PB Blaster for a day or two couple times a day. Then try again. If the won't come off, get HELP with this but we got a buddies doors off using hi-lift jack. Roll up a towel to protect door lift up door, roll window down, as you rock it SLOWLY!!! Door will slowly raise up then POP loose. But have help and do it SLOWLY!!! The first door literally flew up as it broke loose! Funny as hell, luckily we "caught it"
Good luck!

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
You do not need the T50 nuts at all. I took mine off the first time I removed the doors and they haven't been on since. The PO of this vehicle appears to have done the same. All you have to do is disconnect the connector and limiting strap from the doors and lift them off. No tools required.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If there isn't a nut on the bottom side of the hinge you should be able to see the pin in there. It comes almost to the bottom of the hinge. Many people leave them off. If that's the case, you just have to lift harder. People have had luck using jacks to pop the doors loose.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Enjoy! I would be lying if I claimed to not be jealous.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You do not need the T50 nuts at all. I took mine off the first time I removed the doors and they haven't been on since. The PO of this vehicle appears to have done the same. All you have to do is disconnect the connector and limiting strap from the doors and lift them off. No tools required.
I never put mine back either. I take the doors off all the time - much easier without tools.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Can I put some type of Greece on these doors? Had an issue taking the doors off yesterday after being on all winter. I took the doors off about 4 times last year and did not have an issue. Go to do it yesterday and I was pulling on it so hard I was rocking the jeep. I even knicked the paint on a corner, I was very upset.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Can I put some type of Greece on these doors? Had an issue taking the doors off yesterday after being on all winter. I took the doors off about 4 times last year and did not have an issue. Go to do it yesterday and I was pulling on it so hard I was rocking the jeep. I even knicked the paint on a corner, I was very upset.
Yes. They came greased from the factory. Replenish as needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.